Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Festival of History July 14th/15th 2012

Article about: A super multi period event: Festival of History 2012 | English Heritage I will be there as usual with 2nd Guards. A great day or weekend out! Cheers, Ade.

Default Festival of History July 14th/15th 2012

A super multi period event:

Festival of History 2012 | English Heritage

I will be there as usual with 2nd Guards.

A great day or weekend out!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Festival of History July 14th/15th 2012

This show is coming up this weekend. Let's hope it keeps fine!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

What a great video ! The event looks fantastic !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

It is good, there is a huge amount to see, especially if you get chatting with each group there.

There is a Western Front battle: 2nd Guards will be taking part but dressed as FFI.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Statement from the organisers:
    14 July 2012
    Festival of History Cancelled

English Heritage regrets that due to severe weather overnight Festival of History at Kelmarsh Hall in Northamptonshire has been cancelled for both today and tomorrow 14 and 15 July.

Torrential rain overnight caused severe flooding on site which makes it impossible to safely run the event.

We are asking people not to set out for the Festival today or tomorrow.

Steve Bax, English Heritage's Visitor Operations Director for the East of England said: "We are very disappointed that we have had to cancel the Fesitval of History but following last night's torrential rain, the site is completely flooded and we were left with no choice."

Refunds for existing pre-booked ticket holders will be available. Details of how to obtain refunds will be posted on the English Heritage website later today, as well as on the English Heritage Facebook page.

We would like to make sure that as many people as possible still enjoy a great day out this weekend. For that reason we are offering Festival of History ticket holders free entry to a number of English Heritage properties near to Kelmarsh on Saturday 14 July. The following properties will be allowing free access to ticket holders: Kenilworth Castle, Kirby Hall, Bolsover Castle, Hardwick Old Hall, Audley End and Wrest Park. This does not affect refunds, which will be processed automatically over the next week and a half for all advance ticket holders.

Hi Guys, we went to the show as normal on Friday.

Even though it was very wet and muddy we had a whale of a time! We cracked open our drinks at 1pm Sat afternoon Saturday and Sunday were actually rain free. Plus I found a KVK ribbon bar for £2.00 on one of the stalls.

Me paddling in the stream which ran through the show ground.

But things were bad for many people and most had to be towed or pushed at some point to get off site.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Festival of History July 14th/15th 2012   Festival of History July 14th/15th 2012