Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Military Odyssey

Article about: Popped down to the Kent county show ground for this years Military Odyssey on the 27th August (just missed that bridge collapse on the M20 fortunately) a show for reanactors from all periods

I snapped this camo on a stall yesterday......any ideas? seems to be based on the French CE Woodland but with an overlay. The dealer had a good story about it being a limited-use FFL-used pattern.......

Airsoft or right?

Military Odyssey

just got home from the show , it was a wet day today so feel sorry for anyone who went today , alot of the dealers were packing up when i left

Those packing up may be jumping the gun a little, as it's going to be fine tomorrow. It does always seem to rain over bank holidays, so the downpour isn't that surprising. We are British, after all, and should be used to weather like this!

B.B.

Well, I hope you have / have had a good day. The weather's certainly better but if I'd've sat out in yesterdays rain from 9.00 till 5.00 with my kit all soaked thru and not many public popping by there's gotta be a shall-I-pack-up moment.... It was certainly worth the journey on Saturday and this is the first MO Show for about 5 years when we haven't asked ourselves "shall we bother next year?" It looks as if that central section will never be as full of stalls as it used to be and the heavy metal that once was ain't coming back.....and we can only speculate what Brexit will do to our visiting foreign stall holders......'like W&P, perhaps next year's Show will tell us all......

Had a great time at the show today. It felt busier than the 2016 show, which is the last one I attended. I did notice a lot of dealers starting to pack up early. Despite that, I managed to score a couple of great purchases, and one spur of the moment, in-over-my-head purchase which I may end up regretting. I think I actually preferred this show to W&P this year.

B.B.

Really pleased for you.....well done.

Perhaps this will become a regular for you.

Looking forward to seeing your purchases ,regards,Paul

It's definitely going to be a regular event for me in the years to come. There's something about the atmosphere that makes it much more enjoyable than W&P, even if a lot of the traders and reenactors are the same. It's more of a journey for me, but well worth the trip.

I posted my purchases on the forum this morning. The spur of the moment helmet purchase did turn out to be a dud, though luckily not as much of a loss as I feared. The deact revolvers I picked up more than make up for it, though.

Same time next year!

B.B.

...looking forward to meeting up next year.....'shame you missed this years Annual Conference! (well, five of us...but that's still gotta be a record!)

My problem was having to attend on the Monday. I shall endeavor to attend on either Saturday or Sunday next year, as on the Monday everything seems to be winding down. There were also a couple of big dealers who I was told only stay for the Saturday and Sunday, so I missed out on a purchase that I had been eyeing up online. Pretty happy with the way things turned out, even if I did end up with a duff German helmet. Guess I should have gone looking for Home Fronters instead!

I'm sure I'll bump into some of you next year. I can assure you I'm not being intentionally antisocial, even if that is my usual modus operandi.

B.B.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast