Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Opinions on this event

Article about: I woke up this morning to read this in my local newspaper. This happened in Yorkshire so im guessing some of you may of seen it aswell Basically people kept reporting it and media coverage o

?

Default Opinions on this event

I woke up this morning to read this in my local newspaper. This happened in Yorkshire so im guessing some of you may of seen it aswell

Basically people kept reporting it and media coverage of the previous events lead them to the ban. My problem with this is, why . Why cant people just accept the fact its history. If they didn’t want to see nazis or german soldiers why couldn’t they just of gone some other time and not ruin other peoples fun/hobby.

Opinions on this event

Think it is more to do with what is a charity organisation feeling the pinch from some of the patrons over whether what they are doing is glorifying fascism or something like that. As they say in the article they have been doing the event over several years without incident. Once again the political pc crowd have ruined a profitable event because they think it isn't appropriate.

The organisers fear it may breach 'equality' laws or cause offence. They are to hold a 'Dads Army' event instead - with no 'Nazis' allowed.

It is a sad state of affairs and this also exists in the US. To many people are caving to the fake news that exists. We have a military collectables show coming up in two weeks in St. Paul that was nearly cancelled last year for fear of protests. I think the show has rebounded from that and will run as it had in the past years.
    John

I saw this on the BBC News website:
    North Yorkshire Moors Railway withdraws WW2 German soldier invitation - BBC News

It's a fairly sad state of affairs. But I think the biggest question is... Is that Johnny Vegas in the last picture?

Opinions on this event

...it’s funny that....I go to a lot of events in the UK during the summer..it never ceases to amaze me how many.....errrrr......”full figured” SS and FJ there were....err.....are......

As the earlier post points out, this was a charity call as I understand it. We host a show over the August Bank Holiday.....and we’re pleased to get all we can get...so perhaps the SS can swing South in the late summer.........

?

I remember when i went to tank fest i saw some guy who had decked out his young kids in luftwaffe or ss uniforms from what i can vaguely remember. I didn’t get to see the re-enactment battle as i left a bit early in anticipation for the traffic

...not any more.....they reserve the right to prevent entry if you turn up in uniform....although the re-enactors are suitably turned out of course. ‘Looks like everyone should go to “Tanks Trucks and Firepower” in August plug plug!! :-)

I started another topic on this without spotting this one. Apologies.

I think this is quite clearly politically motivated. Considering how much of the establishment is run by neo-Marxists these days, I think it's very telling that 'Nazi' reenactors are highlighted, when there are reenactment groups for just about every set of bad guys through the whole of history. Hopefully this overly sensitive behaviour doesn't infect the bigger shows down here in the South.

Not sure if they're aware, but the Second World War had Nazis in it. They actually existed. We fought against them - all the good and brave people of the world together - and we beat them. You can no more run from the facts of the past than from your own shadow.

Where does it end? When do museums start taking down displays of Third Reich artefacts and squirrelling them away in back rooms? When does it get to the point where the British government tries to ban the sale of these artefacts? And when, after that, will future generations begin to forget the importance of these events?

You can run from the past as much as you want. It just follows you. Hide it away, and you not only deprive the children of today of the lessons of yesterday; you toxify it, make it a taboo. And when it becomes taboo, it becomes more desirable and powerful to those who would seek to revive it.

Better to keep the skeletons in the sunlight where you can see them, than shut them away to dance in the dark.

B.B.

Even more knee-jerk reaction:

Facebook urged to block Nazi relic sales - Facebook urged to block Nazi relic sales - BBC News

Looks like Brodie's vision of the future is happening all too soon.
    Nick

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast