Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Questions regarding 'Ameoba' helmets covers, where to source them?

Article about: Hello guys, I recently began filling out the collection with helmet covers of various patterns, and currently I am fixated on Russian ameoba covers, and was hoping to get some advice on sour

Talking Questions regarding 'Ameoba' helmets covers, where to source them?

Hello guys,

I recently began filling out the collection with helmet covers of various patterns, and currently I am fixated on Russian ameoba covers, and was hoping to get some advice on sourcing a cover made from original materials.

I am aware Lars had offered some 11 years ago, however I am unable to PM him.

Thank you everyone,

Best regards,

Jorden B.
    Last edited by TsrorsT; 03-02-2023 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Forgot prefix

Hi Jorden,

I purchased mine from Lars on here and was going to suggest you contact him.

It has been some years so not surprised he is not active any longer.

Here is my example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questions regarding 'Ameoba' helmets covers, where to source them?   Questions regarding 'Ameoba' helmets covers, where to source them?  

Questions regarding 'Ameoba' helmets covers, where to source them?  

Fischer,

Thanks for the response,

Yeah I was a little bummed out when his inbox was full. He seems to be the only man who was actively making them, as even reproductions of the material are relegated to the chinese market with poor dyes and quality fabric. Your example is lovely and exactly what I'm looking for, here's hoping some folks post some for sale down the road.

I also notice people referring to the Hungarian camo ss 'Stalingrad', but every photo I see sermingly lacks the three tones and look a lot more like Ameoba. I'd go as far as to consider Ameoba the true stalingrad cover, simply going off of the more popular photos thst seem to get passed around.