Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Spanhoe - Northamptonshire Op. Market-Garden Sep 08

Article about: Looks like a good group, I was part of the Second Battle Group for a while.

?

Default Spanhoe - Northamptonshire Op. Market-Garden Sep 08

For those interested, there will be a weekend of Market-Garden associated events taking place at the old 9th USAAF base of Spanhoe (Northamptonshire) on the weekend of September 13th /14th this year.
    Veterans of the 315th Transport Carrier Group are being flown in from the USA, along with surviving veterans of the 1st Allied Airborne attending.

40 present serving members of the US 82nd Airborne will also be making a jump over the weekend.

For further details and updates, please follow the link below :

Operation Market Garden 2008 : Home

Cheers ..

G.

HerrHenke
    ?

Default Re: Spanhoe - Northamptonshire Op. Market-Garden Sep 08

Did a show there about 4 years ago - fantastic location & a fantastic show, you should have a great time!

Neil.

?

Neil,
    Yes indeed !!!! we ran a show for the 60 anniversary of VE Day.

.. This time round, we have a little more experience !!! .. Same site .. but concenrating fully on the military side of things.
    .. I gather there's about 200+ re-enactors signed up ..
    .. some British Airborne vets of Market-Garden ..
    .. some Polish vets of Market-Garden ..
    ... and in the pipeline there's a good chance of some 504th - 82nd Airborne vets being flown over from the states ... (Not to mention the vets being flown over in a Globemaster from the original 315th TCG.)

... it's all systems go .... Hope you can make it ..

Cheers

G.

Quote by HerrHenke View Post
    Did a show there about 4 years ago - fantastic location & a fantastic show, you should have a great time!

Neil.

HerrHenke
    ?

We can't make it this time unfortunately as we have Cliveden the weekend before

Here's some pics of our display from the last one just as a reminder, is the trench system still there?

?

Neil,
    I believe the trench system that was dug out by the JCB is still there, although that section of land has now been rented by a new tennant, and so won't be used this time round.

Hopefully holding the show in early September will prove to be better weather wise !!! .... Do you remember the horizontal sleet showers on the 1st day last time ??

G.

HerrHenke
    ?

Ha, I sure do, our tent was over a mini valley I think, and the rain streamed right into my sleeping bag over night.

Everything was soaked the next day and I was freezing - closest i've ever got to the real thing I reckon !

You'll have to let us know if it's happening again next year and we'll get it added to our events before we get booked up with stuff.

neil.

Neil, what group are you with?
    Ben

Hi Gary, good luck with this event. Sorry that I cannot make it either, as we also have a booking that weekend.

Cheers, Ade.

Are you a "GD" unit?
    Ben

HerrHenke
    ?

Ben,

Yeh, i'm with 'GD Recon', heres the website....

Grossdeutschland - UK based WW2 German Re-enactment Group

ade, are you at Clivedon as well?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast