Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finally my first belt and buckle!!

Article about: Picked up this last night figured i would show it here, nice addition to my luft. dagger with hangers, and now a belt! B&N 41 on buckle and leather, but the belt is from 1943. thanks for

?

Thumbs up Finally my first belt and buckle!!

Picked up this last night figured i would show it here, nice addition to my luft. dagger with hangers, and now a belt! B&N 41 on buckle and leather, but the belt is from 1943. thanks for looking John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finally my first belt and buckle!!   Finally my first belt and buckle!!  

Finally my first belt and buckle!!   Finally my first belt and buckle!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finally my first belt and buckle!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Finally my first belt and buckle!!

Great rig! Certainly looks unissued! Fantastic condition! Congrats - looks like a great set!

Rob

HDTony
    ?

John

Very nice find indeed ! Looks almost mint, a fine addition to your collection. Congrats.

Tony

Very nice

I am awaiting delivery of my first LW buckle nothing as nice as yours though!!

Congrats

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

thanks guys, the old saying something new turns up almost every day!

Hi John, very nice Nolte Lufte buckle any chance and more pics of the belt? Stitching, leather thickness etc?

Thanks
    Ben

?

yes Ben i can take somemore pics, those were the only pics i took but not a problem. Do you see something odd with the belt?

?

Ok Ben the info you requested, i measured the belt with a pair of dial calipers, the measurement came out to .172 give or take/ or between 11/64ths or 3/16ths. thats the thickness of the just the belt it self, measured around the middle part. thanks john
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finally my first belt and buckle!!   Finally my first belt and buckle!!  

Finally my first belt and buckle!!  
    Last edited by john31; 03-05-2010 at 05:34 PM.

John, these pics give a better look at the belt. At first glance I thought the belt might have been a repro but having seen the wear on the rear it looks ok. Is the stitching three ply thread? It looks it!
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    John, these pics give a better look at the belt. At first glance I thought the belt might have been a repro but having seen the wear on the rear it looks ok. Is the stitching three ply thread? It looks it!
    Ben you are right on it is 3 ply thread, i looked through my 10x eye loop and can see 3 threads clear as day! once again i learn something new here everyday! Thanks Ben.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast