Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

General Goring marked buckle review requested.

Article about: I'm on the fence with this one. A Luftwaffe buckle with tab marked Noelle & Huck 1940 and 1(?)/Regt. Gen. Göring. The N&H marking on the buckle is present but faint. What makes it d

Default General Goring marked buckle review requested.

I'm on the fence with this one.

A Luftwaffe buckle with tab marked Noelle & Huck 1940 and 1(?)/Regt. Gen. Göring. The N&H marking on the buckle is present but faint.

What makes it difficult is that GG/HG did not always follow any other organizations operating procedures. I believe 1940 is when the Wehrmacht stopped stamping unit markings on tabs and this would be the first steel buckle with a unit marking that I've seen.

The buckle and tab appear original but the unit marking?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement General Goring marked buckle review requested.
    P
    Many

I have found another buckle by Noelle & Huck 1940 with a tab marked to an FJ unit.

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

100% original buckle no doubt, as to the markings this is the first time I have ever seen these markings
    Ben

?

Hello,,
    Imo, the "troop stamp" are not real Markers...
    The shown troop stamp with "Regiment" would be appropriate here, but not in terms of time..
    -The Panzer Regiment Hermann Goering (P. R. HG) was formed in February 1943 in southern France from the staffs of the III. / Rifle Regiment Hermann Göring and the V. / Artillery Regiment Hermann Göring with two battalions of three companies each
    That would be correct if at all.. except for the fact that "division" is missing in the stamp shown
    Parachute Tank Division 1 "Hermann Goering"= Fallschirm Panzer Division "Hermann Goering" ( F. P. D. HG)..

Definitely not an original troop stamp for me, added later...
    Otherwise nice buckle

Regards,
    The kabl

Hello kabl,

Doesn't the number at the beginning of the unit designation represent the company/platoon/battery. I believe that normally the division/regiment/battalion/abteilungen number is at the end of the unit designation.

Thank you,
    Doug

?

Hello,
    Yes, that would be your 1st company/platoon/battery regiment Hermann Göring... Imo botch.. Or 1st/Rg.HG = correct ( After February 1943) =1st/P(anzer).R(egiment)HG or 1st/F( all schirm) P(anzer) (tank(s) D(ivision)= 1.F.P.D. HG
    Unfortunately, your troop stamp (Regiment) does not match the time of the Buckle(1940),Regiment only after 1943) and not Division (matching the time)

Regards,
    The kabl

Hello kabl,

Not directly related to the buckle but this is from 1941, I have a several of his documents from where he started with Regiment General Göring in 1937 through Fallschirm Panzer Division 1 Herman Goring.

Doug

One off oddball stuff is a can of worms.

?

Hey Doug,
    The certificate was issued by the II. Flakkorps... According to this, the HG Regiment can be Identify (Flak) Regiment Gen. Goering..
    R.HG. (troop stamp)...
    In the spring of 1941, the regiment was transferred to Romania to protect the oil fields in Ploesti. A rifle battalion was attached to it, so that from then on it was run as a "reinforced regiment". From June 1941, the regiment took part in the Russian campaign. It was subordinate to Army Group South at II Flak Corps....
    Quelle : L. d. W.

With the troop stamp on the buckle, it is difficult to clearly assign it (regiment within half of the division). The stamp image and the letters deviate from the usual forms/types. The period 1940 is atypical for troop stamps (until 1937?) as the LBA acceptance is also missing.
    I'm very suspicious and wouldn't see it as 'from the year 1940'

just my thoughts/ matter of faith
    The kabl

Hi kabl,

Thank you for the history and all the information.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the questionable originality of the buckle markings. I was just pointing out the similar format "8./Regiment General Göring" vs 1(?)/Regt. Gen. Göring. I did check, it appears 5 of the 12 unit marked Luftwaffe buckles I have are not marked LBA. Lettering isn't consistent either.

Here is a strap I found on line with two unit markings in different formats and fonts.

Unit marked chocolate brown Luftwaffe equipment strap Flak Regt 22 – fjm44

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast