Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help!

Article about: Good evening everyone. I've very new to collecting militaria and was looking to start my collection off with somthing small. I came across some belts that are coming up for auction soon.Havi

Default Help!

Good evening everyone.

I've very new to collecting militaria and was looking to start my collection off with somthing small.

I came across some belts that are coming up for auction soon.Having read some threads on showing to spot fakes,it confirmed one of the belts/buckles was a fake! Thank you for saving me some money!

I have also come across this belt,Any pointers to if it's a genuine one or another fake??

Having discovered one already as a fake it's made me very wary!

Many thanks

Help!Help!Help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help!
    P
    Many

?

If you check out the fake Luftwaffe makers you will find this buckle. I don't like the belt. What auction are you looking at. Your profile doesn't show what country your from. Your location would help us give you some locations you can buy original buckles.

It's an online auction in the UK where I'm from,I know it's the wrong column but it's also got a hiter youth dagger in the auction which doesn't have the red and white diamond you would expect in the handle so I gather it's all fake.

I think its an original Aurich or Osang made buckle, look at the catch, better pics would confirm but from what i can see the buckle could be ok. Dont pay too much, I will sell you a Luft buckle if you want one
    Ben

In fact to add to that looking at the ears I would say its prob a Osang made buckle, Aurich ears are slender, they look like they start to widen
    Ben

Steel one for reference

1940 Aurich - Black Tab
    Ben

?

I am sure Ben can point you to some reputable dealers in the U.K. I have watched some YouTube videos on military shows in Europe. When the shows get going again you might want to check some of them out.

Edited post as my query has already been raised and answered by Ben.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Osang Luft buckle

Luft belt and buckle
    Ben

?

I guess the quality of the photos and looking at it on my phone didn’t help. In this condition it need to be very cheap or I would pass on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast