Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Legion Kondor flat pebbled buckles, do real ones exist?

Article about: Hi friends! I own a couple research books on the Condor Legion and I see a picture here and there of a soldier wearing the flat (plain) pebbled German-style buckle. Since I can no longer pur

?

Default Legion Kondor flat pebbled buckles, do real ones exist?

Hi friends!
    I own a couple research books on the Condor Legion and I see a picture here and there of a soldier wearing the flat (plain) pebbled German-style buckle. Since I can no longer purchase a bf109 for my collection, I'm thinking an original buckle should suffice!! I see a few up for sale on occasion but am having trouble identifying if they are original or not because I have nothing to compare them with.

Does anyone know how to distinguish an original from a fake and what I should be looking for, or looking out for?

Thank you in advance for any help or direction. I do not believe my wife would appreciate a 109 in the house!!!

Respectfully,
    David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Legion Kondor flat pebbled buckles, do real ones exist?  
    Last edited by DBaird; 01-25-2022 at 09:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Legion Kondor flat pebbled buckles, do real ones exist?
    P
    Many

Have you tried searching this section to see if there are others posted?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I did find two posted but one is green and the other silver, but the silver one has crooked sides. If the latter is original, most of the ones I have seen could be alright. This one looks old but the sides are crooked.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Legion Kondor flat pebbled buckles, do real ones exist?   Legion Kondor flat pebbled buckles, do real ones exist?  

These type of buckles were made throughout the war and post war. Known as blank buckles, Condor legion buckle being pre war would have been made of aluminium and pebbled like the one shown. You see lots of steel blank buckles that people class as CL buckle but steel was used after 1939 when an order came out to use steel instead of aluminium. Search for previous threads, there are some good ones ref these buckles
    Ben

?

Thank you, sir!!!

How about this one, it looks aluminum?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Legion Kondor flat pebbled buckles, do real ones exist?   Legion Kondor flat pebbled buckles, do real ones exist?  

Quote by DBaird View Post
    Thank you, sir!!!

How about this one, it looks aluminum?
    Can we see the whole rear of the buckle?
    Ben

?

Hope this is alright?

Legion Kondor flat pebbled buckles, do real ones exist?   Legion Kondor flat pebbled buckles, do real ones exist?  

Legion Kondor flat pebbled buckles, do real ones exist?  

Looks like a blank buckle made by Berge & Nolte, as for Condor Legion I would expect an early alu type of buckle with the pebbled rear, I will have a look round at other examples
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast