Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lind & Meyer - Oberstein

Article about: An unmarked L&M. Shame its not marked, still searching!

?

Default Lind & Meyer - Oberstein

An unmarked L&M. Shame its not marked, still searching!

Lind & Meyer - ObersteinLind & Meyer - ObersteinLind & Meyer - ObersteinLind & Meyer - Oberstein

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lind & Meyer - Oberstein
    P
    Many

Out of interest why Lind & Meyer?
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Out of interest why Lind & Meyer?
    It was Darko that educated me on what I call the down dot berry design (top left from main prominent berry).

From what I understand, there are only 3 makers with this design.. FR, L&M and Wiedmann.. this buckle is the exact same design as the marked L&M.

I am hoping this makes sense!

?

Quote by sarahs View Post
    It was Darko that educated me on what I call the down dot berry design (top left from main prominent berry).

From what I understand, there are only 3 makers with this design.. FR, L&M and Wiedmann.. this buckle is the exact same design as the marked L&M.

I am hoping this makes sense!
    But L&M usually marked their buckles, seems odd that some are and some aren't. the eagle looks a bit different in the wingspan..
    Photo credit: Ben Evans
    Attached Images Attached Images Lind & Meyer - Oberstein  Lind & Meyer - Oberstein 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I only asked as I have never known an unmarked L&M buckle ( not to say there were never any produced)
    Ben

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    But L&M usually marked their buckles, seems odd that some are and some aren't. the eagle looks a bit different in the wingspan..
    Photo credit: Ben Evans
    Oh yeah.. I can see the difference mate.. Hmmmm!

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    I only asked as I have never known an unmarked L&M buckle ( not to say there were never any produced)
    Just comparing the above images. its now an uncertainty!... and maybe not an UM L&M.. but it is a very close likeness... hmmmm!

?

Here is my 1938 - Wiedmann for comparison. The wingspan of the eagle looks more like the first buckle posted. The buckle in unmarked. These are old pics, and I can take better pics if needed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lind & Meyer - Oberstein   Lind & Meyer - Oberstein  

Lind & Meyer - Oberstein  

?

Quote by weller View Post
    Here is my 1938 - Wiedmann for comparison. The wingspan of the eagle looks more like the first buckle posted. The buckle in unmarked. These are old pics, and I can take better pics if needed.
    You are right about the wingspan in comparison.. the only difference with the wiedmann and an L&M, either the marked one and/or the potential L&M UM, is that the wiedmann has the small berry missing at the top of the main berry within the wreath.

But I have to say, that buckle of yours is a real nice example.