Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Belt Buckle....Original or Fake?....+ Green Paint??

Article about: I recently found this Luftwaffe Belt Buckle in an antique Store and was wondering if it was real or fake? Also, "strange" that it had dark green paint on the Front of it....Were an

Default Luftwaffe Belt Buckle....Original or Fake?....+ Green Paint??

I recently found this Luftwaffe Belt Buckle in an antique Store and was wondering if it was real or fake? Also, "strange" that it had dark green paint on the Front of it....Were any of these Buckles ever painted green?? Seems really odd to me and I'm thinking someone just decided to paint it?...for some reason - who knows why???

a) Is this a real Luftwaffe Buckle?

b) Is the "green paint" something that was ever done by the Luftwaffe, or someone just painted it after it came back from the War?

c) If the green paint is not original to the Buckle, any good ideas on how to "remove" it?...I was thinking about using Lacquer Thinner, but don't want to use something that might damage it, or degrade its value.

I'd really appreciate any comments.

Harold

Luftwaffe Belt Buckle....Original or Fake?....+ Green Paint??Luftwaffe Belt Buckle....Original or Fake?....+ Green Paint??Luftwaffe Belt Buckle....Original or Fake?....+ Green Paint??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Belt Buckle....Original or Fake?....+ Green Paint??
    P
    Many

?

Quote by OkieCollector View Post
    I recently found this Luftwaffe Belt Buckle in an antique Store and was wondering if it was real or fake? Also, "strange" that it had dark green paint on the Front of it....Were any of these Buckles ever painted green?? Seems really odd to me and I'm thinking someone just decided to paint it?...for some reason - who knows why???

a) Is this a real Luftwaffe Buckle?

b) Is the "green paint" something that was ever done by the Luftwaffe, or someone just painted it after it came back from the War?

c) If the green paint is not original to the Buckle, any good ideas on how to "remove" it?...I was thinking about using Lacquer Thinner, but don't want to use something that might damage it, or degrade its value.

I'd really appreciate any comments.

Harold

Luftwaffe Belt Buckle....Original or Fake?....+ Green Paint??Luftwaffe Belt Buckle....Original or Fake?....+ Green Paint??Luftwaffe Belt Buckle....Original or Fake?....+ Green Paint??
    Hi Harold, I am afraid this buckle is a fake

Ahh again! why it's a fake? just so we all know.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Ahh again! why it's a fake? just so we all know.
    Post war prongs and sleeve, incorrect catch, bad paint. The cut of the end of the prongs are the "reverse" cut type, only used by Berge & Nolte and some early Overhoff buckle
    Ben

Thanks Ben

Thanks Ben! I appreciate the comments....Helps me to learn more about spotting fake items.

sarahs...What things make it a fake?..... I'm learning about these Buckles and would appreciate your comments. Thanks!

?

Ben gave you correct information. You might want to check out the Luftwaffe makers thread and the fake Luftwaffe sticky threads. The fake thread on WAF has a good selection of fake Luftwaffe buckles.

Quote by OkieCollector View Post
    sarahs...What things make it a fake?..... I'm learning about these Buckles and would appreciate your comments. Thanks!
    Read above "Post war prongs and sleeve, incorrect catch, bad paint. The cut of the end of the prongs are the "reverse" cut type, only used by Berge & Nolte and some early Overhoff buckle"
    Ben