Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Buckle 1942

Article about: Greetings! Just curious about this one. Can make out 1942 and oval lines. How does it look? If good, who is the maker please? Thank you for your time and help. Best Regards, Von Ritt

Default Luftwaffe Buckle 1942

Greetings! Just curious about this one. Can make out 1942 and oval lines. How does it look? If good, who is the maker please? Thank you for your time and help.

Best Regards,
    Von Ritt
    Luftwaffe Buckle 1942Luftwaffe Buckle 1942Luftwaffe Buckle 1942

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Buckle 1942
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a good buckle produced by F.W Assmann from Lüdenscheid.

Regards, Tobias

Quote by Sensei View Post
    Looks like a good buckle produced by F.W Assmann from Lüdenscheid.

Regards, Tobias
    Appreciate your help. Please, would you be so kind and share with me how you made that determination. I didn't see his signature 'A' stamped on buckle.

?

The year 1942 is stamped on the leather tab "outside" of the elliptical maker stamp, which on your tab, is mostly worn off. Common on Assmann buckles. Most makers the year would be "inside" the elliptical stamping.

The eagle, bent prongs, catch, year outside of the oval all characteristics of an Assmann made buckle
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    The eagle, bent prongs, catch, year outside of the oval all characteristics of an Assmann made buckle
    Valuable solid information. Happy to be given this information. If purchased, this will be my second buckle. Ben sir, many thanks.