Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe buckle?? Opinions please..

Article about: Hello from Nz I have been given this buckle from a family friend and they know nothing of its history of how it came it the family. The belt it came on looks very used and worn and I think i

Default Luftwaffe buckle?? Opinions please..

Hello from Nz
    I have been given this buckle from a family friend and they know nothing of its history of how it came in to the family.
    The belt it came on looks very used and worn with a maker and date just legible, I think its period but not so sure on the buckle it self. The buckle has some age but I'm sceptical on its authenticity.
    Would love some feed back . Either way I'm eager to know.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this and I welcome any input.
    Cheers Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe buckle?? Opinions please..   Luftwaffe buckle?? Opinions please..  

Luftwaffe buckle?? Opinions please..   Luftwaffe buckle?? Opinions please..  

Last edited by Coreynewzealand; 10-19-2020 at 07:19 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe buckle?? Opinions please..
    P
    Many

I don't see a problem. The buckle fellas will be around to give more detail than I can.

It looks good to me.
    Can you tell what is marked on the leather tab. Does it say Assmann & Sohn?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    It looks good to me.
    Can you tell what is marked on the leather tab. Does it say Assmann & Sohn?
    Ralph.
    Hello
    From what I can see it is SW Assmann & sohn.
    I have attached a closer photo for you.
    Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe buckle?? Opinions please..   Luftwaffe buckle?? Opinions please..  

?

F.W. Assman & Sohn, Ludenscheid, nice late war steel buckle. Welcome to the Forum !
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

This is the belt it was on (I should put it back on shouldn't I) I can't at the moment make out the stamp but looks like 1941 in the middle?

?

Personally, I would keep them as found, the belt maker is most likely a Leather manufacturer, do you have the book "German Belt Buckles 1845-1945" by the Author Peter Nash, (who coincidently just passed away a few months ago) ? Chapter 26 has a list of some of the recognized Leatherworkers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe buckle?? Opinions please..  

?

Belt is from a manufacturer in Wuppertal I think.
    If I'm right I'm probably on the Autism spectrum.
    A pleasure to see your first post.
    Greetings from a fellow New Zealander now resident in Australia .

?

Kateri, good eye..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe buckle?? Opinions please..  

?

Thanks Gwar.
    I need reading glasses to view text,but that makes me fill in the gaps from what i've seen on WRF.
    It's always nice to see your signature.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast