Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

LW Belt and buckle with very interesting unit mark!

Article about: Hi all, I want to present you one of my most recent acquisitions, a steel LW buckle with cloth tab and leather belt. Both came from a very large lot of stuff I got for very cheap from a fire

Default LW Belt and buckle with very interesting unit mark!

Hi all, I want to present you one of my most recent acquisitions, a steel LW buckle with cloth tab and leather belt.
    Both came from a very large lot of stuff I got for very cheap from a fire department in Bavaria (was over 50kg of (mostly post war) equipment!)
    I managed to remove most of the post war silver paint from the buckle, unfortunately it has been denazified for post war use.
    Still has nice LW blue-gray paint though.
    I don't know the maker, the belt hook is made by OLC and the leather by MARSIT, Glauchau and dated 1937
    Now comes the interesting bit.
    First of all there's two different names in the belt, H. Serg and what I think reads as Sch. SA
    The belt also has two unit markings plus one that I can't make out.
    N.A.R.L.M. and 2.N.A.d.R.L.M. I
    Which I interpret as Nachrichten Abteilung Reichsluftfahrtministerium and 2. Nachrichten Abteilung des Reichsluftfahrtministeriums (1.Kompanie?)
    Now if you just search for this unit you won't find much. But there is something that is very very similar in the meaning, that is called the "Forschungsamt des Reichsluftfahrtministeriums (FA)" which is a camouflage name for what is often referred to as "Görings NSA" whose tasks were espionage as in opening letters, intercepting telegrams, wiretapping phone lines, decryption, you name it.
    I'd like to know what you think of these two items and what I've been able to find out about it.
    If it really is from there it sure is not something you'll find everyday.
    I hope you like it
    Luis
    (included in this lot was also a post war repainted Q64 M35 helmet with 1937 dated single banded aluminium liner with a LW unit marking on the inside of the leather)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW Belt and buckle with very interesting unit mark!   LW Belt and buckle with very interesting unit mark!  

LW Belt and buckle with very interesting unit mark!   LW Belt and buckle with very interesting unit mark!  

LW Belt and buckle with very interesting unit mark!   LW Belt and buckle with very interesting unit mark!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW Belt and buckle with very interesting unit mark!
    P
    Many

Nice buckle and very rare with the blue web tab. Would have come with a blue belt originally. The belt is nice but dont know much about the unit markings, over all, very nice and interesting belt and buckle
    Ben

Thank you for for your reply, Ben.
    I didn't know they were actually rare in this configuration, good to know, I assumed it to be kind of uncommon but not rare per se
    Luis

No mate the blue web tabs ones are hard to come by, the white one even rarer!!
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    No mate the blue web tabs ones are hard to come by, the white one even rarer!!
    Oh, white you say, I haven't heard of those yet, I need to look into that.
    Luis

Yep white web tab Luftwaffe buckle, like hens teeth to get hold of!!!
    Ben

Do you have any pictures? I tried to google it but didn't find much.

Luis

?

I have never seen a blue tabbed Luftwaffe for sale at the SOS or the Max shows. A dealer has one listed for $2500. It has been listed for 2-3 years, it would probably sell if he lowered the price to $1500. I had a denazified one with just the blue web around the roller bar. Two valuable buckles messed up.

Quote by kirby View Post
    I have never seen a blue tabbed Luftwaffe for sale at the SOS or the Max shows. A dealer has one listed for $2500. It has been listed for 2-3 years, it would probably sell if he lowered the price to $1500. I had a denazified one with just the blue web around the roller bar. Two valuable buckles messed up.
    Damn, I did not expect them to be worth that much
    Indeed a shame they were denazified..
    But I really can't complain since I pretty much got these two items for free all things considered.
    Luis

Decided to give it another go with cleaning, I now got all the silver paint off without damaging the LW blue at all.
    Just used a toothbrush some napkins and paint thinner.. and some time
    For the fact it was completely silver when I got it I think it turned out rather well
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW Belt and buckle with very interesting unit mark!   LW Belt and buckle with very interesting unit mark!  

LW Belt and buckle with very interesting unit mark!  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast