Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this steel Luftwaffe buckle a correct M4/44 ?

Article about: Hello all, I had some doubts at first with this buckle. The eagle's eye really bothered me. I searched through the fake thread and couldn't find a match. I then looked through the known make

Default Is this steel Luftwaffe buckle a correct M4/44 ?

Hello all, I had some doubts at first with this buckle. The eagle's eye really bothered me. I searched through the fake thread and couldn't find a match. I then looked through the known makers thread and found one that looks like a match on post #52, however the photo of the front was a little blurry and I couldn't tell if the eye was a match. It had a maker code of M4/44. I thought mine was unmarked and dug out my loupe and can just faintly see part of the M, part of the 4 and can see the / and another 4 under the paint. Does it look correct to you all? Thank you for taking the time to have a look. MikeIs this steel Luftwaffe  buckle a correct M4/44 ?Is this steel Luftwaffe  buckle a correct M4/44 ?Is this steel Luftwaffe  buckle a correct M4/44 ?Is this steel Luftwaffe  buckle a correct M4/44 ?Is this steel Luftwaffe  buckle a correct M4/44 ?Is this steel Luftwaffe  buckle a correct M4/44 ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this steel Luftwaffe  buckle a correct M4/44 ?
    P
    Many

For me very nice original.

?

Very nice, a scarce maker in Luftwaffe. Good find - Paul Cramer - M4/44.

Thank you for looking and your appreciated opinions. I found a couple other examples by this maker and all have the smooth eagle body, head below the wing and that weird eye. The thick paint covers the RZM and most of the markings, but it is a good match. Thank you for your help. Mike

Looks like a light strike with the maker mark stamp, nice late war buckle though
    Ben