Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions

Article about: Hello fellow collectors. I was wondering if you dagger and Luft experts might give me your opinions on this dagger that I am considering for purchase. This is the only pic for now. I've neve

Default 1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions

Hello fellow collectors. I was wondering if you dagger and Luft experts might give me your opinions on this dagger that I am considering for purchase. This is the only pic for now. I've never owner a 1st model. Thank you for your help!

1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions
    P
    Many

From the one pic I would say it's a good one in nice condition, but more pics would be helpful.

Hi DSF...is it possible to get more photos..it looks good except that the pommel is aluminum..which does not belong to this dagger. The chain missing kind of hurts a bit of the worth. Besides being mismatched and minus a chain..it is still collectable Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks gents. I will try to get more pics. The seller is about 80 years old and it was hard just to get this one. I had to walk her through everything.

Wow this is nice although a woman..it sounds like her husband was a vet which makes this a vet acquired dagger. Then in that case i can see the pommel was probably added by the Vet or the person he got it from during that time at the end of the war. Pretty cool
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi, dagger nice, but like Larry said, pommel is made from aluminum and do not belong to this dagger, despite this fact scabbard, blade and rest of parts seems to be in good condition. Sometimes, daggers like this are needed for its parts.

Peter

Thanks for the info. All I know about the seller is that her brother fought in WW2 in Europe. I am going to try to find out more info. Thank you for your input.

?

Dont bid to much its has more issues then just the pommel, its also missing its chain.
    It would be nice as just a "brought back memory" and not as a collectable piece.
    With that in mind 250--> 350-$ for parts would be a good price.

or you buy a nickel pommel and a chain yourself, but it would still be a parts dagger.
    my 2 cents, take it as it is, a nice bringback trophy and persuade her to sell it cheap

Ger

Thank you Gerrit and everyone. If I buy the dagger, it is $200 USD. I don't really plan on selling it for parts so I will probably just keep it until I can find another good deal on one that is complete and accurate. I can't say for sure that this was a bringback anyway. She did get it from her brother who served in Europe but she isn't sure if he brought it back.

Quote by deltaspecialforce View Post
    Thanks gents. I will try to get more pics. The seller is about 80 years old and it was hard just to get this one. I had to walk her through everything.
    Are you sure as its got a tag attached to the top eye of the scabbard as if its in a shop or something? Certainly not something a private seller would do imo.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast