MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Fredericus 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger

Article about: Hey guys! It's official! I gave myself Christmas present a bit early Do any of you have one of these?

Default Fredericus 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger

Hey guys!

It's official! I gave myself Christmas present a bit early

Do any of you have one of these?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fredericus 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger   Fredericus 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger  

Fredericus 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger   Fredericus 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fredericus 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger
    P
    Many

?

WOW!!! That almost made me spit my coffee out.

A truly stunning example! Well done.

Regards Tobias!

Obscure producer
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Fridericus did produce damascus blades in the period. They also produced plain bladed examples and I own one. The grip is not the type I’m used to seeing on Fridericus Luft daggers but it could very well be right as Voos often used “deluxe” grips on their maker marked etched examples. I’ll look at my files and check back.

This is different than the Herder presented SS piece as there are enough contemporaneous examples out there to compare. If you’ve removed the pommel, I’d be curious what the tang looks like. Also, is the source generally considered reputable? I ask because there are a lot of modern damascus blades out there these days, some very well done.

?

Quote by Billy G View Post
    Fridericus did produce damascus blades in the period. They also produced plain bladed examples and I own one. The grip is not the type I’m used to seeing on Fridericus Luft daggers but it could very well be right as Voos often used “deluxe” grips on their maker marked etched examples. I’ll look at my files and check back.

This is different than the Herder presented SS piece as there are enough contemporaneous examples out there to compare. If you’ve removed the pommel, I’d be curious what the tang looks like. Also, is the source generally considered reputable? I ask because there are a lot of modern damascus blades out there these days, some very well done.
    Billy sharp observation, as these Friderius luft 2 damascus seems to become the most available ones on the market....
    Doesn't make any sense since Friderius is just a small company looking at Eickhorn, Weyersberg, Pack and SMF, large Luft 2 producers.
    makes you think why.......

Ger

Quote by Billy G View Post

I've seen these grips in Wittmanns book and also in video on this model. This one is made by Paul Dinger. Yes the seller is reputable.

Fredericus 2nd model Luftwaffe daggerFredericus 2nd model Luftwaffe daggerFredericus 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger
    Last edited by Drambejz; 10-04-2021 at 04:24 AM.

?

Quote by Drambejz View Post
    I've seen these grips in Wittmanns book and also in video on this model. This one is made by Paul Dinger. Yes the seller is reputable.

Fredericus 2nd model Luftwaffe daggerFredericus 2nd model Luftwaffe daggerFredericus 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger
    I have to disappoint you Mike, as this is imo not the way that Paul Dinger marked his tangs.
    As far as i have seen he always used his initials P + D with a number on the other side of the tang.
    I suggest you will go to that reputable seller and ask for a total refund.

This is the way it should be marked:

Regards
    Ger

And is it even real damascus? The blade doesn't have the hammered surface usually seen, this is more like the acid pock marks of imitation damascus.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    I have to disappoint you Mike, as this is imo not the way that Paul Dinger marked his tangs.
    As far as i have seen he always used his initials P + D with a number on the other side of the tang.
    I suggest you will go to that reputable seller and ask for a total refund.

This is the way it should be marked:

Regards
    Ger
    Yes I know about the P+D stamp and I thought that was the only one Paul Dinger used. Then I've found stamp in Wittmanns book (Luftwaffe daggers) on page 292 stamp with his full name on 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger which was one of the reasons which convinced me to buy it.
    Last edited by Drambejz; 10-07-2021 at 12:56 AM.

There is Fredericus army dagger at Johnsons with the same tang stamp:

In Wittmanns army dagger book is this stamp on Fredericus army dagger on pages 157 and 235.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    And is it even real damascus? The blade doesn't have the hammered surface usually seen, this is more like the acid pock marks of imitation damascus.
    The pattern of the luftwaffe dagger is similar to the pattern on army dagger on pages 157, 158 and 234 (2nd picture) made by Paul Dinger in Wittmanns army dagger book.
    Last edited by Drambejz; 10-06-2021 at 09:31 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast