Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Gravity knife original? Just found at store

Article about: I just saw this now at a store and took some photos and really curious if it's original. They have 300 on it plus I get a discount. I never seen one in real life but price is to good to be t

FNG
    ?

Default Gravity knife original? Just found at store

I just saw this now at a store and took some photos and really curious if it's original. They have 300 on it plus I get a discount. I never seen one in real life but price is to good to be true .

Looks original. I put a hold on it until tomorrow. Any one an help me out I would be very thankful
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gravity knife original? Just found at store   Gravity knife original? Just found at store  

Gravity knife original? Just found at store   Gravity knife original? Just found at store  

Gravity knife original? Just found at store   Gravity knife original? Just found at store  

Gravity knife original? Just found at store  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gravity knife original? Just found at store
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like an original to me.

Compare to Kirk's example in Post #10.

SMF parachute dagger ( Gravity knife )

Check to see if it has the Luft Amp on the awl.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

FNG
    ?

Thank you for the reply! I was just looking at fall decorations at a antique shop and Bam this was in the case. I'll have to check out his post on it. What I notice was the numbers and the feel of it. Any other information anyone has would be awesome. I know prices we frown on talking about BUT is the 300 dollars with additional 10 percent worth it?.

FNG
    ?

Also it seems to work fine, I never did take out that other blade or whatever it is

MAP
    ?

Well it's a first pattern without the take down tab. I wouldn't play with it too much as the springs are very fragile and when they crack....no real way to repair it..

$300 is a bargain IMHO. Give me the phone number and I'll buy it now. I haven't priced these in years so could be way off but I guess that is probably 40% less than what I would expect.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

FNG
    ?

Well I had to pull back the tab and I had to tip it upside down to work and blade came out, is that the correct way?. I don't think it's spring loaded

FNG
    ?

Quote by FNG View Post
    Well I had to pull back the tab and I had to tip it upside down to work and blade came out, is that the correct way?. I don't think it's spring loaded
    Wait thinking of it that's why they call it a gravity knife lol so it does work perfectly

MAP
    ?

Quote by FNG View Post
    No, the blade is not spring loaded, but the thumb lever has a spring. If others agree with my assessment and you do get it, just be gentle.

the "spring" is just a flat piece of metal. Look at the 2nd to last photo in post #1 of this thread. The spring is attached to the thumb lever. When the thumb lever is flipped, the "flat" spring bends up. This is what is prone to breaking.

Take down pattern Gravity Knife

FNG
    ?

Ok, yes I see what you mean. I have a hold on it and tomorrow I'll go in at look at it. I never took out the the side blade deal and from that link to that posting you shared, looks like there should be a eagle on it. This is a great find and maybe I'll walk out with 250 dollars spent on it. I will be gentle with it. The cashier said I might get more then 10 percent off if they call the seller and find out if they can take more off. I don't want to take that chance

MAP
    ?

Certainly, please wait for other opinions. There are some very good fakes of these.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast