Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Identifying Dagger and Value

Article about: Good Morning, My grandfather recently gifted me this dagger. He didn't tell me anything about it. Can you guys and gals please help me identify this item and assign it a potential value? Tha

MJCalabrese
    ?

Default Help Identifying Dagger and Value

Good Morning,

My grandfather recently gifted me this dagger. He didn't tell me anything about it.

Can you guys and gals please help me identify this item and assign it a potential value?

Thanks,

Mark

If you would like any more pictures, please let me know.Help Identifying Dagger and ValueHelp Identifying Dagger and ValueHelp Identifying Dagger and ValueHelp Identifying Dagger and ValueHelp Identifying Dagger and Value

2. # ADS

DLV Fliegermesser/Aviator's Knife...Deutscher Luftsport Verband/German Aviation Sports Association...Beautiful, complete set-up...I cannot comment on value as I don't collect these blades...
    Welcome to the Forum!
    cheers, Glenn

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum!

Wow! Great gift! In fantastic condition. Glenn is correct, a DLV dagger. The forum frowns upon appraising items but now that you know what it is a quick Google search should help you.

Others I'm sure will be around to confirm its authenticity.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That is a very nice DLV/NSFK glider pilots dagger, looks to be a "crackle finish" Helbig, the handle and scabbard are painted rather then the usual leather, and helbig is the only producer of that variety, its hard to tell from the pics, would need it in hand to know for sure, but anyway it has some decent value esp because the condition of the blade looks perfect, here is a link to one like yours for sale, just remember dealers usually mark items up 25+%, hopefully you keep it in your family, a great gift!!!!!!
    Wittmann Militaria #35494C DLV Glider Pilot Dagger by F&A Helbig

a great gift indeed.

?

Hey Mark

Value from a Grandfather historical position? Priceless. It is a harder to find maker with great cross grain in blade. These are good to hang onto. I don't collect for investment purposes but I do look for quality....this looks very nice to me. As time goes by and you can pass this down to family if they do want to sell as the anniversary of WWII comes upon us the values will continue to go up. Nothing of course is a guarantee but the fact interest rates suck this will most likely yield more ROI than a 401K or the stock market Also...Welcome the the best Collectors Forum in the World with the best folks!

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum!

A superb dagger.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Lovely dagger indeed and a great gift

Very nice !

MJCalabrese
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Hey Mark

Value from a Grandfather historical position? Priceless. It is a harder to find maker with great cross grain in blade. These are good to hang onto. I don't collect for investment purposes but I do look for quality....this looks very nice to me. As time goes by and you can pass this down to family if they do want to sell as the anniversary of WWII comes upon us the values will continue to go up. Nothing of course is a guarantee but the fact interest rates suck this will most likely yield more ROI than a 401K or the stock market Also...Welcome the the best Collectors Forum in the World with the best folks!

Rossi
    No real historical value for our family. My grandpa served in Korea, not WWII. He is a collector of many things, mostly stamps, and this was one of the things he sent me.

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast