Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe 1ST Model

Article about: I have an opportunity to buy or put an offer on this Type 1 Luftwaffe dagger with scabbard and hanger. The finish is worn and makers mark worn but looks like maybe David Malsch Steinbach (ex

Default Luftwaffe 1ST Model

I have an opportunity to buy or put an offer on this Type 1 Luftwaffe dagger with scabbard and hanger. The finish is worn and makers mark worn but looks like maybe David Malsch Steinbach (example pic attached). Chain looks different material than the first rings on the scabbard. Seller asking $700 in this condition; there is one of similar condition for sale on Lakesidetrader for $800. There is an additional acceptance marking on blade under makers mark. Does dagger look correct and any advice on purchase? Is the hanger chain a red flag? Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe 1ST Model   Luftwaffe 1ST Model  

Luftwaffe 1ST Model   Luftwaffe 1ST Model  

Luftwaffe 1ST Model  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe 1ST Model 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 1ST Model
    P
    Many

Hi Joseph ....do you want this dagger because that it has the chain assembly included or is it the price that attracts you?
    For me it would be neither and would rather save my money for a more better conditioned example.

The chain visually in the photos does differ from the scabbard fittings and the grip is rather beat up.
    For $600 more you can get the Holler 1st Luft on Lakesides site which is more consistent and is made up of the same materials being the plated type.
    and also has some gold gilt left in the Pommel swaz.

Like anything else and for myself ...it has to be right and attract me seeing a beautiful woman.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It is more the price that attracts me as Ive wanted a type 1 dagger but they tend to be twice this amount. As you say you get what you pay for and unless I find one directly from a vet I may not be able to acquire as nice a one as the higher costing examples go for. The condition of this one does make me hesitate...