Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe 1st model by Eickhorn up for review

Article about: Good evening gents, this one is up for sale and finally one I might be able to afford Its not it greatest of shape but the price I believe is good considering. Please let me know if you thin

?

Default Luftwaffe 1st model by Eickhorn up for review

Good evening gents, this one is up for sale and finally one I might be able to afford

Its not it greatest of shape but the price I believe is good considering.

Please let me know if you think this one to be original, I am not very familiar with these daggers.

Thank you for any info is greatly appreciated.
    Nico

Luftwaffe 1st model by Eickhorn up for reviewLuftwaffe 1st model by Eickhorn up for reviewLuftwaffe 1st model by Eickhorn up for reviewLuftwaffe 1st model by Eickhorn up for reviewLuftwaffe 1st model by Eickhorn up for reviewLuftwaffe 1st model by Eickhorn up for reviewLuftwaffe 1st model by Eickhorn up for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 1st model by Eickhorn up for review
    P
    Many

This dagger is actually referred to as a Transitonal DLV/1st model Luft dagger. It was one of the first produced for the Luftwaffe based on the staples which affix the scabbard fittings to the scabbard body. I'm assuming you will also find that the scabbard body has no metal in it but rather that it is constructed out of a cardboard type material.

This style scabbard is in line with the early '33-'34 Eickhorn maker mark. I can't speak to the legitimacy of the monogram bit it does appear in a style used in the period. Overall the only issue I see is the condition, which might keep a lot of collectors away from a piece like this.

?

Hi Billy G, thank you for your detailed response.

This one is going for around 525 euros (570 dollars) which I believe might be a good price. Still deciding on buying it or saving up for a better one..

The blade is not great at all but it's a nice variation, especially with the monogram, assuming the engraving is period. The price is fair and isn't terrible IMO. If you continue to collect daggers, however, you'll eventually look to upgrade items and it often winds up costing more money in the long run.