Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe 2nd model dagger

Article about: Need help authenticating this dagger, no makers mark, center swastika is a bit broken, and I've never seen that connector used on the hangers to hang it to the clip (if that makes sense lol)

Yve
    ?

Default Luftwaffe 2nd model dagger

Need help authenticating this dagger, no makers mark, center swastika is a bit broken, and I've never seen that connector used on the hangers to hang it to the clip (if that makes sense).

Luftwaffe 2nd model daggerLuftwaffe 2nd model daggerLuftwaffe 2nd model daggerLuftwaffe 2nd model daggerLuftwaffe 2nd model daggerLuftwaffe 2nd model daggerLuftwaffe 2nd model daggerLuftwaffe 2nd model dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 2nd model dagger
    P
    Many

I'm not an expert by any means, and I'd wait for more knowledagable opinions than mine, but do you see oak laves on the top of the cross guards and underneath the portapee on the band above it?

Yve
    ?

yes, I do see the design. I appreciate the response to my post, if you like I could add a picture of it to the post since the pictures were a bit bad

Deluxe hangers with sadly a broken clip, A good rig imo, Regards Paul

Yve
    ?

appreciate the help Paul, do you have a approximation in value?

?

Hello.
    If you are buying this dagger it should be at a low price.
    I don't like the hanger, I think it has been repaired. Pommel does not fit well to grip. Pomel seems generic. The scabbard goes to Alcoso. Not sure about the cross guard if it is damaged or a bad casting. Photograph the shoulder to identify the manufacturer of the cross guard. This example looks like a dagger with parts.
    This is just my opinion.
    Wait for more opinions.
    Regards Georgi.
    Luftwaffe 2nd model daggerLuftwaffe 2nd model dagger

Yve
    ?

appreciate the help, the part you highlighted on the hanger was what I was suspicious about so thanks for letting me know and here are some of the requested pics

Luftwaffe 2nd model daggerLuftwaffe 2nd model dagger

?

georgi you realy have to gain more knowledge or stop to give your opinion based on a lack of knowledge.
    That is not a repaired strap, it has the deluxe metal top ends or caps.
    If you look closely you can see that the other strap has the same cap, on the far right the rim is still visible.
    With this type of hangers with the floral designed metal attatchment caps the straps below will have the metal rounded end caps.
    These can also be found on the same style army dagger hangers.
    Just a pity the fastenclip broke its lid.

If you look closely you can see a few here
    Early army daggers hangers in all their Varieties

Ger

?

Hi Gerrit. Before commenting, I looked at several examples, but there the rivets were different, this led me astray and I made a mistake. I will be more careful in future comments.
    What do you think about the dagger? It looks real visible handmade. Interestingly, the last pair of acorns on the cross guard are facing back.
    Regards Georgi.Luftwaffe 2nd model dagger

Yve
    ?

^

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast