Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Boot knife.

Article about: Hello, hope all is well. I thought I would post some pics of the Luftwaffe boot knife I picked up recently. I’ve always loved the look of these utilitarian combat knives, however I’ve be

Default Luftwaffe Boot knife.

Hello, hope all is well.

I thought I would post some pics of the Luftwaffe boot knife I picked up recently. I’ve always loved the look of these utilitarian combat knives, however I’ve been able to unearth little information about the year they were adopted by the Luftwaffe or whom they were issued to; other than hearing they were supposedly issued to fallschirmjager and air crew for close combat.

I was also wondering if the manufacturer of these boot knives is known as the only marking present is the Luftwaffe “stick eagle” stamp over a “6” or “5” in my example. Nonetheless, I hope I’ve obtained a nice enough example and any information to share about this purposeful Blade will be very much appreciated.

Luftwaffe Boot knife.

Luftwaffe Boot knife.

Luftwaffe Boot knife.

Luftwaffe Boot knife.

Luftwaffe Boot knife.

Luftwaffe Boot knife.

Luftwaffe Boot knife.

Luftwaffe Boot knife.

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Boot knife.
    P
    Many

You have found a very nice example!
    These can also be found marked "S" and "W".
    There is some speculation as to who the makers are, but as far as I know, no proof.
    Here is my example marked "S".
    Nahkampfmesser der Luftwaffe
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Looks mint, great find!

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I’ve seen in my research examples marked “s” or “w” as opposed to the “stick eagle”, but furthermore your is in absolutely immaculate condition!!