Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe dagger, 2nd model by alcoso

Article about: Hello guys. I want to show for your opinion a Luftwaffe dagger before your experienced eyes. After my research I think most parts of the dagger are correct but the alcoso logo is placed way

?

Default Luftwaffe dagger, 2nd model by alcoso

Hello guys. I want to show for your opinion a Luftwaffe dagger before your experienced eyes. After my research I think most parts of the dagger are correct but the alcoso logo is placed way up under the cross guard. I found only one such match on the site of a well-known dealer of TR items, but this is not a guarantee that the logo is correct. Please give an opinion.Luftwaffe dagger, 2nd model by alcoso
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe dagger, 2nd model by alcoso   Luftwaffe dagger, 2nd model by alcoso  

Luftwaffe dagger, 2nd model by alcoso   Luftwaffe dagger, 2nd model by alcoso  

Luftwaffe dagger, 2nd model by alcoso   Luftwaffe dagger, 2nd model by alcoso  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe dagger, 2nd model by alcoso
    P
    Many

Looks like an untouched example by Alcoso.

More impressive is the amount of all the gold gilt left on the pommel swastika.
    Nice find.

The logo is correct with this example and also as seen on other examples Alcoso logo runs parallel with the blade as well.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for the clarifications. I thought that the swastika was the most worn and the coating on the tip fell off, and this is the true color of the alloy or brass from which the tip is made. After your explanation, I took a closer look and really noticed that this well-preserved gold finish. I'm glad I chose a good example this time. My choices are still more luck than experience.

Thanks Georgi.

?

Well first of all you need to find out if the eagle is the correct one for Alcoso, that said you have to make sure if Alcoso used that springly gripwire and does Alcoso has a gilt swastika?
    then the scabbard, are the scabbardband leaves the ones Alcoso used?
    There are only 2 makers that gilded their swastika's
    Does it have the 2 sidescrews to secure the throat that Alcoso used?
    This Alcoso logo shown on yours is for example the most copied one around....

Compare your one with a textbook Alcoso, as shown in the link below.
    After that look at the pinned luftwaffe daggers thread by PeterCollector and find out if you have a textbook Alcoso or a partsdagger with a fake blade and which parts of your dagger belong to certain makers.

Here the textbook Alcoso luft 2

2nd model luftwaffe by Alcoso

Ger

?

Hi Gerrit. Your questions are very disturbing. After looking again at the information in the forum, I found that the examples shown are different combinations of parts that are also used by other manufacturers. Definitely mine does not match the textbook you showed. Through the forum, I found at least four manufacturers that use a gilded swastika. The scabbard is undeniably an Eickhorn. The cross guard is characteristic of Alcoso. There is such a tip and handle in Eickhorn, but it is also found in Alcoso. Most disturbing is the blade. I cannot determine whether it is real or fake as I wrote at the beginning of the topic. I couldn't find any pictures of disassembled daggers for comparison either. Please for your opinion.

thanks Georgi.

?

Hello again. I didn't find any fake Alcoso examples on the forum to compare the logo to. on real examples the logo matches. The only difference is the position of the logo along the length of the blade. Blades with a different position of the logo are defined as genuine therefore mine must be genuine and the above comments confirm this. However, give your opinion as well.

Georgi.

?

I have some good news and some bad news. First the good news: the pommel and crossguard are typical for Alcoso. The logo is also correct. Even the grip is correct because Alcoso used both types of gripwire. The "springy" wire was used on the early 2nd model lufts. This matches the 2nd Alcoso logo perfectly. I own this particular configuration myself but didn't find the time to photograph it properly.

The bad news is, the scabbard does not belong to this dagger.

Regards
    Danny

?

Hi Danny, thanks for your opinion.
    For the scabbard I was sure it was an Eicкhorn and that's why I thought it was a dagger with parts. After doing some research I found an exact match in two reference books. I bought this dagger before I became a member of the forum and before I bought various reference books. The result of this purchase could have been much worse. I liked the dagger because of the color of the grip. I have two Bulgarian daggers with the same color grips and it makes a nice display.
    I think that excluding the scabbard this dagger is textbook.Luftwaffe dagger, 2nd model by alcoso