MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe dagger, real or fake in my collection.

Article about: Hello, i bought this dagger for 400€ in auction. is real or fake ? if necessary I will send more photos.

Post Luftwaffe dagger, real or fake in my collection.

Hello,
    i bought this dagger for 400€ in auction.
    is real or fake ? if necessary I will send more photos.
    Luftwaffe dagger, real or fake in my collection.Luftwaffe dagger, real or fake in my collection.Luftwaffe dagger, real or fake in my collection.Luftwaffe dagger, real or fake in my collection.Luftwaffe dagger, real or fake in my collection.Luftwaffe dagger, real or fake in my collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe dagger, real or fake in my collection.
    P
    Many

You need to take pictures of the entire dagger for a better evaluation.. This is not helping too much..

Smitty

The grip is good - with the wooden core ( fakes don't have this "old way" of doing this ) but that's about my limit!!!
    The edge weapon boys will be along soon .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

In my opinion the dagger is good but the engraved blade is a feature I have never seen. I am curious to wait other opinions.

Luftwaffe dagger, real or fake in my collection.Luftwaffe dagger, real or fake in my collection.

Thank you for your feedback so far. What strikes me strangely is the head of an eagle looking at me not in front of it. And the engraving of an eagle is different from almost everything I've seen so far.

As for the engraving of the blade, I heard that it was a custom production for a soldier who had, for example, an anniversary (wedding, etc.). Such blades were usually not marked. But I can't confirm for sure.

There are cases of real 'Damascus' acid-etched blades, but also a large amount of post-WW2 faked and unit marked Luftwaffe and SS unit blades that look similar to this.
    It's a minefield and I am not a complete expert, so let's see what others have to say. Hope this helps.

The definition in the etch is just not there and other collectors can comment on that also .
    Odd to see an Emil Voos producer etch on a no maker logo blade.
    The sheen of the blade and the etch are equal which means equal junk blade. The depth of the etch is not there.
    The rest of the dagger is parted.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill