Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Dagger For Review Clemens & Jung

Article about: Hello I am being offered this dagger and these are the only photos I have. The picker says that the blade also has Clemens & Jung at the top. Is this an original war time dagger? I will

Default Luftwaffe Dagger For Review Clemens & Jung

Hello I am being offered this dagger and these are the only photos I have. The picker says that the blade also has Clemens & Jung at the top. Is this an original war time dagger? I will see if he can send a photos of the markings.

Thanks
    Devin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Dagger For Review Clemens & Jung   Luftwaffe Dagger For Review Clemens & Jung  

Luftwaffe Dagger For Review Clemens & Jung   Luftwaffe Dagger For Review Clemens & Jung  

Luftwaffe Dagger For Review Clemens & Jung   Luftwaffe Dagger For Review Clemens & Jung  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Dagger For Review Clemens & Jung
    P
    Many

Hi Devin...Moved to the Luftwaffe forum. The lighting exhibits artificial aging ...but not certain of this. Im seeing a mix of flash and gold hues..wait for the sharpness of the Luft eyes...someone will be along shortly. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Devin,
    This is a well known fake.

Regards
    Danny

AGREE with Danny, ALL bad here! Kevin.

Hi people, I wouldn't usually comment on an engraved dagger as i got stung years ago with a Totenkopf K98 ! you all know the ones. I totally agree with the guys above that this is indeed a fake ,my reasons for this being what appears to be the dark laquer used for aging on the pommel & crossguard ,The scabbard rings look a bit to large as does the grip, not sure the twisted wire is right either ! My question really is, how accurate is the Generalstaff etching & is it a pattern Clemens & Jung used ? I've seen a few of these on the net recently for between £350 - £1400 all claiming to be 100% did this dagger actually exist ? your thoughts people, Cheers Paul

Thank you for the replies you guys saved me from spending the $$ this picker is asking. This must be an older fake I noticed the verdigris on some of the handle or I guess this can be faked also to make it look older.

Thanks again for the help
    Devin