Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe dagger with weird handle / grip

Article about: Hi everyone, I bought this Luftwaffe Dagger from a respected seller and I am very happy with the dagger. It is a (partly) denazified dagger (what he told me) and I don't mind that much, sinc

?

Default Luftwaffe dagger with weird handle / grip

Hi everyone,

I bought this Luftwaffe Dagger from a respected seller and I am very happy with the dagger. It is a (partly) denazified dagger (what he told me) and I don't mind that much, since it is also a part of it's history. But when I started checking out other Luftwaffe daggers, a couple of things stood out which made me doubt the authenticity. I've read I think every post about Luftwaffe daggers (check-ups if they are real or fake) before posting this post and I still can't decide whether it's a real dagger or a parted dagger.

The things that stood out (according to me);
    - The handle is off. The grooves of the handle are going in the wrong direction (right to left), which looks like a 'Heer handle' - since those daggers have grooves from right to left. Also, the handle has two grooves: one wire and behind that wire a other groove, which is weird - since 'Heer handles' have two grooves, but as far as I can see a single one has wire and a groove.
    - The colour of the handle is a bit off, but i've read that due to the conditions where the dagger is kept, can change the colour.
    - The handle has various cracks (which I don't mind much) - but I haven't seen those cracks on a single dagger I saw online.
    - The handle doesn't fit that well on the blade / hilt - and what i've read is that Luftwaffe daggers didn't had the RDS check-up, so i'm not sure if it possible.
    - I also read that the 'hole' the wire goes in, should be professional done (the drilling) and i've saw is that the hole looks quite well done - so I think that the handle and wire is real?

So in conclusion: I have no knowledge on these daggers, but i've read quite a lot and I think that the handle is from a 'Heer army dagger' and the wiring is done after the war, hence the cracks (this handle isn't made for wiring, so the pressure was too much). So what I think is that it's a parted dagger, but it's real. But I am very, very much in doubt, so I hope that someone could give me more information. Many thanks for the answer in advance.

Here are the photo's (I have many more when needed).

Again; thanks for the read!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe dagger with weird handle / grip   Luftwaffe dagger with weird handle / grip  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe dagger with weird handle / grip
    P
    Many

Hello Enix...you done your homework very well...nice to see that with new members.

The grip IS a Heer grip the wire on the Grip is seen on Luftwaffe grips.

Parts dagger for sure ...return it to that " Respected seller " if he has any integrity to stay as a respected seller and give you a refund.
    Sorry for the Bad news.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the nice and quick reply - very much apreciated.

Ah... I hoped for a misproduction / or the wrong doing of an employee, but I already had my thoughts. But I wanted it to be sure, so thanks that you took the time! I apreciate it.

I will contact the seller, he told me that he always refunds - so I think he'll do that.

A quick question; do you know respected sellers I can buy from here in the Netherlands (I also don't mind if it's online).

Love to hear from you

Hello Again Enix....there are a few guys here from the Netherlands that could further assist you in locating any respected sellers or dealers.

Gerrit is quite frequent on this forum and could answer that question for you

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry,

Again; the quick answer is much apreciated!

I will try to contact Gerrit when I see his username

Gerrit usually replies quickly once he finishes being In Bermuda
    Here is his profile > https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/member.php?u=16943

Regards Larry

?

Enix you can PM me any time.

Larry knows how to reach me in when im in my Bermuda triangle
    Grip is as pointed out a Heer dagger one.

Best
    Ger

?

Hi Gerrit and Larry,

Thanks for the quick replies

Haha, very nice that you both reply so much and so quick. I will PM you, Gerrit, but firstly enjoy your vacation

A quick update regarding the dagger: the seller agreed with the conclusions and he claimed that it was a mistake he shouldn't have made. So he told me to that I can get my money back or that I can trade it for it other dagger. He showed me two 'Heer daggers' with handles and portepee. It all loooks real to me, but one hanger and button are replaced with new ones (I think) and the knot of the Protepee is not what it used to be. Lastly, the dagger is not in mint condition - but I don't mind that much. Is it alright with you guys if I post here the photo's he send me? I want to give him a chance and you guys are expert in the field of these daggers.

Best regards,
    Bart

?

Bart post the daggers in the Heer dagger sub forum and i will take a look.

Cheers
    Ger

?

Hi Gerrit,

Will do! Thanks for the quick reply.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast