Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Luftwaffe daggers collection

Article about: Hello Larry, this sword was find in trash, but by homeless person, not direct me. I always like to look at trash and junkyard - and I find a lot of interesting and believe me - valuable thin

Gaute
    ?

Thank you for great answer Wolfgang and Peter. I would probably not look after a black grip when this is like my grandfather found it during the war. I starts to get more and more interested in the WW2 and hope to find more items at my now grandmother place, since they where close to the germans during the war. On the other hand you have a very nice collection!

Regards Gaute.

2. # ADS

Really great picture wolfgang, your piccys always look great. Im jealous of ur photographic ability and ur collection

Gaute, id leave your dagger as found. Some people like the mixed parts thing as it tells a story on its own but of course its up to you.

Peter, Like you ive always liked the white/cream handled daggers, Ive always considered them to be look more elegant..... like ivory I suppose.

best matty

i take the opportunity of this thread to see awesome daggers in wonderful conditions...and also to learn something. i have a I pattern Luft dagger with an inscription on the upper forniture of the scabbard...someone can help me to decode? the only thing i've found is that OTZ suggests OST Thuringe
    thanks a lot
    Luftwaffe daggers collectionLuftwaffe daggers collectionLuftwaffe daggers collection

ops....i think i should start a new thread...i apologize to peter

?

Thx Peter for showing your Lufts here.
    SMF ALU sword easily loose their gilding on the sunwheels.
    I have had a totaly mint LW sword with gilt worn off for 50 % or more,while the rest of the sword was mint.
    I guess a bit to enthousiastic with rubbing by the owner or vet, made the gilt washes off easily.
    Regards,
    Ger

For lucabrnroma: Hi, don´t apologize you show to us very nice daggers! It is very nice to see outstanding daggers! Personalization on scabbard make it also nice. Thanks for showing them to us, and it is also honor for me, because you add them into "my" thread

Hi Ger, this gilding on LW swords or daggers did not hold well, if you compare this sword to another dagger 1st. model in this thread you will see that on pommel is almost all gilding gone too It is interesting fact that almost everybody thinks that German daggers are perfect, but now we see, sometimes they are not

Regards Peter

?

Very Nice representative pieces. Great condition, thanks for sharing.............Frank

Hello to all, it was a very long time, but here is my latest addition into my Luftwaffe dagger´s collection. It is very nice early Luftwaffe dagger made by Alexander Coopel Solingen, dagger is in good condition, pommel has some extra handwork on oak leafs and Swastika. Swastika looks to be gilded, but all gilding was lost during the long time. Grip is very nice yellow-orange color and has spring copper wire. Crossguard is textbook Alcoso, it is interesting to note, that this crossguard is smaller than others. Blade is in nice condition with visible famous mark. Blade is textbook Alcoso, with early aluminum scabbard rings. Whole dagger is in untouched condition and believe me it cost me 265 € - it is nice price Photos are taken by my mobile phone, because my camera is broken sorry for that.

Best regard

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe daggers collection   Luftwaffe daggers collection  

Luftwaffe daggers collection   Luftwaffe daggers collection  

Another Blast from the Past..first Ronnie..and now your great return..Welcome Back Peter..I hope all is well..and thankyou for posting a great dagger from a good caretaking producer. Well Crafted

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, I believe I´m not pas I just have a lot of work, but for now I made a deal with my wife, I can be on Internet each evening half hour, but only when all my homeworks are finish so now I will be certainly active on forum again - I promise it to you!

I like this dagger also, we do not see early Alcoso Luftwaffe very often, I also find one on Tom´s Luftwaffe book, so there can be one to compare

Best regards

Peter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast