Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe dolch 1 Modelle need help

Article about: Hi everybody. My friend has just bought his first Luftwaffe dagger and is looking for some opinions regarding authenticity etc. Not my area of collecting, so apologies if the pics don't meet

Default Luftwaffe dolch 1 Modelle need help

Hi everybody. My friend has just bought his first Luftwaffe dagger and is looking for some opinions regarding authenticity etc. Not my area of collecting, so apologies if the pics don't meet the usual standard of the forum, but I would be happy to take some more specific pictures if necessary. The scabbard is blue, but might not appear so in the pictures. The fixings to the scabbard are magnetic. The blade is by E Pack and Sohne Solingen. Many thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe dolch 1 Modelle need help   Luftwaffe dolch 1 Modelle need help  

Luftwaffe dolch 1 Modelle need help   Luftwaffe dolch 1 Modelle need help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe dolch 1 Modelle need help
    P
    Many

?

Period dagger in used condition nothing wrong with it = the yelow/gilting is missing from the pommel swaz,s but that usually comes with age and polishing.
    leather has little wear thats a good thing, nice find. just a question is the back of the belt clip marked??
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Thanks for the reply Horst. No maker markings on the back of the belt clip. Looks like an amateur like me photographed the wrong side

A late(r) period manufactured example. That with age and exposure can be subject to the wearing/flaking off of the plated finish over a zinc or steel base metal. Best Regards, Fred

?

First of all the parts are period and original.
    did this dagger left the Pack plant this way? i have doubts!
    The triple gripwire is typical for Pack 1st models, so thats a good thing!
    Normaly these later potmetal/zink/alu based daggers come with steel plated scabbard fittings and not with early Nickelsilver fittings.
    Therefore my best guess is that the scabbard has been swapped along the years.

Ger

Thanks to everyone who replied. My friend will be pleased that it is original