Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.

Article about: Sometimes your searching for something and you come by chance across a gem that has been on the wishlist for quite some years. Arriving just before Christmas its my pricvate present for unde

Quote by Tomaz View Post
    IAnderson you say "why would the Luftwaffe buy or supply forest guards a side arm, these things were always private purchase for the military", this was not always the case, for example the navy supplied depot marked pieces which were also property and accountability marked, and HPL2008 how do you know the military was totally uninvolved in the procurement of these knives (equipment).
    I did not say that. Of course the military procurement agencies/supply chain were involved in the procurement of the equipment for the military's own forestry officials, but certainly not the military training inspectorate.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.
    P
    Many

?

Ok thanks for that.

Tomaz

?

Damn....love this place! The commitment and pursuit of intel is impressive and I can't imagine there being a better and legitimate group of peers in the militaria community. Salute
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Damn....love this place! The commitment and pursuit of intel is impressive and I can't imagine there being a better and legitimate group of peers in the militaria community. Salute
    There’s no argument from me. What was missing from the early discussions that I recall was the extremely valuable input from Wilhelm Saris, with the much appreciated assist by HPL2008. Best Regards, Fred

?

Does anyone have an explanation for the stamped numbers on the guards?

Best Tomaz.

Quote by Tomaz View Post
    Does anyone have an explanation for the stamped numbers on the guards?

Best Tomaz.
    Tomaz, the numbers are an area that could possibly use some further investigation but there is no guarantee that it will change anything. Because some have numbers, while others do not, and different fonts are seen. There is also a report of a Luftwaffe marking underneath the grips, that has me worried that as usual fakers may have been fooling around. That said, the typical added Luftwaffe inventory/accountability markings don’t look to me like the ones seen so far on the knives. Best Regards, Fred

?

Maybe the Ch.A.W is also fake and these knives were just hunting knives available from the distributor Waffen Loesche Berlin and Alex Coppel, etc.

Best Tomaz.

No, the depth of stamping of both the distributor and the Ch.A.W. suggests factory applied on hot steel. I don't think faking is an issue in this story. The numbering is intriguing but not all possibilities have been explored yet. The thread remains open!

?

Then if the Ch.A.W is not fake and it has been seen on an Alex Coppel (post 100) then it cannot be a makers mark.

Tomaz.

?

Tomaz so far i have registered at that UK forum to get in contact with the owner of that Alcoso and trying to get a picture of the otherside of the ricasso with that Ch.A.W. marking, and this one should be marked underneath the gripplates with a luft stamp.
    So far he didnt replied on my post, but its an old post of 2005.
    I also mailed Billy as he remembered that Post and the Gent that posted it, and he may join this thread, but sofar nothing of his statements about the Alcoso have been confirmed.

It is confirmed that ones exist with Alcoso & Eickhorn makermarks, and that in combination with a Ch.A.W. marking would make the statement thatChromilt Wingen is the maker of these daggers not true.

I also had contact with an Austria edged weapons expert who stated that these daggers can be found occiasionally in Austria but hardly ever in Germany.
    He thinks that it might have something to do with the fact that Göring owned Burg Mauterndorf in Salzburger Lungau/Österreich, and that these daggers may be issued to groups that protected his own forests.

Regards
    Ger

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast