Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.

Article about: Sometimes your searching for something and you come by chance across a gem that has been on the wishlist for quite some years. Arriving just before Christmas its my pricvate present for unde

Thanks Sleepwalker that is a welcome addition to this thread study of these interesting and enigmatic knives. The Spitzer is also an interesting one that's new to me, but shares some design features of the Loesche knife. Your example of the Loesche knife has unusually large Ch.A.W. marks, this being the first example of that size marking I have seen and the first on this thread.
    Has the blade been sharpened at any time?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.
    P
    Many

Impressive and a great addition to the thread Sleepwalker
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello. The blade has not been sharpened and is in very good condition.
    I know another Loesche knife with the big Ch.A.W. Mark.

here:

Extraseitengewehr für Forstbeamte der Luftwaffe
    Last edited by Sleepwalker; 08-25-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Hello,

the collector Juvavum, u.a. active in the German Militaria Fundforum (MFF), allowed me to put pictures of his knife here.

It is also a Loesche knife with the big Ch.A.W. Mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.   Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.  

What do you think about the Loesche knife with the HJ diamond in the handlel? Can the knife be classified in this area?

Luftwaffe Forestry Bayonet with HJ Diamond, Waffen-Loesche, Berlin Worn nickel-plated hilt fitti

Regards

- - ------- - -

https://www.the-saleroom.com/de-de/auction-catalogues/hermann-historica-ohg/catalogue-id-srher10000/lot-7e088e40-ba65-451a-8bb5-a40100e14327

the link doesn´t work... you can find it and the pictures with a searching machine with the keywords - waffen loesche HJ -

I don't remember if this has been explored much in any of the (over time) discussions, but looking for something else in the 1938 Eickhorn I happened to see a pair of "Standhauers" (large hunting knives) in it that had IMO some strong similarities to these knives. They are Nr. 1720 and Nr. 1056. Anyone's thoughts? Best Regards, Fred

?

I came across this barbwire cutter by Hugo Linder, it had an army contract, its has acceptance stamps of the Waffenamt & a stamp H, just like the Loesche knife have on the spine.
    That H marking is also found on the back of an F.Dula hunting knife in combination with FB, so H F B (most likely Heeres Forst Beambte)

The H could stand for Heer(es)

Ger

That's very interesting find Ger. I had also been puzzled by the "H" as well. Heer makes sense in terms of categorizing a production run, but still may be other alternative meanings.

Hello,

I haven't found any real evidence yet. But I suspect it was also searched in the wrong place.
    Personally, I don't see any direct connection to a forest service.

I do not consider "Ch A W" to be a manufacturer's designation, but rather a stamp of the troops or property.

The fact is, the abbreviation "Ch AW" or "Chef AW" existed. This is the department "Chef des Ausbildungswesen der Luftwaffe" - Head of Training of the Luftwaffe - , which existed between February 1939 and July 1943.
    In July 1943 it became the department "General of Fliegerausbildung" (Gen.d.Fl.Ausb.) - General of the Aviation Training -.

I think the search has to start here. Either members of this department were given these knives or they were given to certain recruits.
    The hunting character of this knife could be found in Herman Göring's hunting affinity.

Regards

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast