Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.

Article about: Sometimes your searching for something and you come by chance across a gem that has been on the wishlist for quite some years. Arriving just before Christmas its my pricvate present for unde

?

Default Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.

Sometimes your searching for something and you come by chance across a gem that has been on your wishlist for quite some years.
    Arriving just before Christmas its my private present for under the tree
    This one comes straight from the Vets family in Klagenfurt Austria.
    It has been for 50 years in the basement of the vet and the last 20 years it was laying on the mantelpiece of his cousin.
    Condition is all you can ask for, the blade fully marked with maker mark CH A W, most likely Chromolit-Besteck Fabrik Arthur Wingen, and with Waffen-Loesche as the distributer.
    Beatiful blade with full crossgrain and a razor scharp tip.
    The grip is made of stag with a lovely black appearance and as you can see its prettg thick.
    The scabbard lug has the typical 2 lines on top and 1 below, which is the common type, it has most of the original high glossy lacquer with spidering on both sides.
    The frog marking is still evident, but it came without.
    I have mailed the seller if perhaps the frog is still somewhere around the house, we will see
    These knives can be found with units markings, but very rarely.
    The ones i saw had Flak units marking on the blade.
    The H on the spine marking is still unknown.
    It should be a foresty luft units knife, but other sources say luft special brands.
    I will include an ad of Waffen-Loesche and 2 reference articles about CH A W and Loesche.
    Well enjoy the rare and beautiful knife!
    Regards,
    Ger
    Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.
    Last edited by gerrit; 12-27-2017 at 08:59 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.
    P
    Many

Im thinking about visiting you soon..and leaving with this beautiful piece of Solingen art work ..after some arm twisting negotiations.

This is an absolute nice knife. Im curious of what kind of frog would of fitted onto that scabbard lug. Nice find for Christmas..see you soon. A bottle of Chivas will be in hand

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Congrats on adding this stunner to your collection Ger!
    I have loved these since I first laid eyes on one. Stag is one of, if not my favorite handle material as they show such natural depth and age well, (as long as they are cared for).
    Congrats again,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

It would be a brown bayonet frog, i have seen them with and without the grip strap, but always luftwaffe brown, most of them are a bit darker chocolat like coloured.

Regards,
    Ger
    Luftwaffe forestry knife Waffen-Loesche Ch. A. W.

Are you sure Luftwaffe forestry did use brown?
    Depends on timeframe and rank is my opinion!

?

Always seen them with brown frogs sofar.
    These knife arent issued late war.

Ger

Ger

I know, that is why I ask.
    The regulation, specifically L.Dv.84, do mention colors for leather gear!

Absolutely stunning and in fantastic condition. These daggers are truly treasured keepsakes. Thanks for sharing.

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    I know, that is why I ask.
    The regulation, specifically L.Dv.84, do mention colors for leather gear!
    Wim i have seen dozens of these knives along the years and none had a black frog regardless of the regulations.
    i have seen them with brown LBA marked ones with Flak units markings, but never with black frogs.
    i guess they will look awesome on this black beauty.
    Could you post these regulations?
    im very curious and would love to learn more about these regulations.
    thx in advance.
    Ger

?

Always wanted one of these. Nice.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast