Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe sword SMF

Article about: Hello. Today I received a Luftwaffe sword which looks very nice. After the research I did in the forum, I think it is correct. My only concern is the bird print above the logo. I didn't see

Default Luftwaffe sword SMF

Hello. Today I received a Luftwaffe sword which looks very nice. After the research I did in the forum, I think it is correct.
    My only concern is the bird мarking above the logo. I didn't see exactly one on the correct examples shown. Please give an opinion.
    Thanks Aleks.Luftwaffe sword SMFLuftwaffe sword SMFLuftwaffe sword SMFLuftwaffe sword SMFLuftwaffe sword SMFLuftwaffe sword SMFLuftwaffe sword SMFLuftwaffe sword SMFLuftwaffe sword SMFLuftwaffe sword SMFLuftwaffe sword SMFLuftwaffe sword SMFLuftwaffe sword SMFLuftwaffe sword SMFLuftwaffe sword SMF

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe sword SMF
    P
    Many

Great looking sword and that bird looking stamp is a waffenamt marking which is common with SMF , Paul Weyersburg and a few other producers

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very nice sword!!! Congrats !

nacho

?

Great looking Luft Sword Aleks. Yours has the same look as mine. Mine is a Horster Maker mark. Link to my photos on my website.

Luftwaffe Sword
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

Very nice example.

I like the engraved initials on the back of the scabbard. "v. M" No idea but the "v" could be "Von" which is often a term for aristocracy (although could be a very low level AND not always for Nobility). Example is Paul "von" Hindenburg.

Von is a term meaning "from", place of birth or sometimes the name of a Parent. It is used more often in Northern Germany.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Map. Here's another better shot of the cross guard there's also a monogram there.
    The seller also thinks that "v" means "von", but the owner has not been identified.
    Regards Aleks.Luftwaffe sword SMF

Thanks everyone for the opinions. They are important to me.
    They remove all doubts.
    Thanks Aleks.

Its a beauty ,Regards Paul

TWS
    ?

Nice sword. I'm a fan of SMF products.

Yes. When there is a lower case "v." in front of a name or initial of a name, it stands for "von".

The "von" does denote some connection to nobility but it could be pretty minor/diluted. The nobles with actual rank would have titles like Graf (Count) Freiherr (Baron) Herzog (Duke) or Ritter (Knight).

For example: Clemens Freiherr von Fürstenberg, whose Waffenrock is at the far right.

Luftwaffe sword SMF
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

It's a nice sword , but the government property type of marking (plus) - I think could lead the sword onto another trajectory away from nobility etc. etc. Remembering topics on another forum some time ago - when dealers/others were engraving coats of arms etc. on government property daggers irreparably damaging their history and authenticity. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe sword SMF  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast