Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe trench knife

Article about: Hello, I am looking for feedback on this knife

Default Luftwaffe trench knife

Hello, I am looking for feedback on this knifeLuftwaffe trench knifeLuftwaffe trench knifeLuftwaffe trench knifeLuftwaffe trench knifeLuftwaffe trench knifeLuftwaffe trench knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe trench knife
    P
    Many

Not the first example I've seen like the posted one here - from the images it is not one that I would purchase. Best Regards, Fred

Nor one for me either.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I personally wouldn't take it. My advice, better save your money for another trench knife.

Best regards
    Wolf

Agree. The Luftant mark looks cast into the blade rather than stamped, crossguard incorrect. An aged repro.

Luftwaffe trench knifeLuftwaffe trench knifeI'm not sure if I'm mad, I know it's the same here and it looks old.

Quote by Marcin76 View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm mad, I know it's the same here and it looks old.
    This one is not the same.
    Look at the rivets in the handle, and this one is not stamped with the Luftampt stamp.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Marcin76 View Post
    Luftwaffe trench knifeLuftwaffe trench knifeI'm not sure if I'm mad, I know it's the same here and it looks old.
    This example is good, it is a well known variant
    The thread knife is a repro, the handle is rounded with only 2 rivets, the LW proof mark is very deep, the finish of the blade unconvincing…
    From my collection:

Luftwaffe trench knife

Luftwaffe trench knife

Luftwaffe trench knife

Luftwaffe trench knife

?

The devil is in the detail, and if you want to collect blades its important to study before you buy it.
    There are so many copies and good made repro's around for many years that you can't buy them just by saying its looks old and sure looks like one that has been sold on a website.
    Study to get knownledge and post here before you buy, we will help you meanwhile...... it saves a lot of money!

Ger

Lightbulb

The two rivets for me are an immediate 'fail', closely followed by several other points mentioned above.

These knives seem to be increasingly faked - greatcare is needed before purchasing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast