Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My first dagger

Article about: Hope this will be of interest my first venture into the world of dagger collecting.

Default My first dagger

Hope this will be of interest my first venture into the world of dagger collecting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first dagger   My first dagger  

My first dagger   My first dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first dagger
    P
    Many

Hello Haltsign...could you provide a photo of the top side of the crossguard that shows the oakleaf details for further identification? please.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Extra pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first dagger   My first dagger  

My first dagger  

Im not too familiar with this crossguard type and does not resemble anything that I have studied on Luftwaffe daggers.
    It comes close between Eickhorn and SMF crossguard ..and obviously the crossguard is not Alcoso.

At most I would expect a generic type guard that resembles a WKC type.
    Wait for further thoughts on the guard..but Im not comfortable and too sure of it.

I would wait for more comments before purchasing this dagger to be absolutely sure .

I also almost never seen an Alcoso Pommel with all the gold Gilt left on the Swastika and the pommel is quite stout
    The grip is not Alcoso for which they used the springy aluminum wire on the grips.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hopefully it turns out ok, as I’ve already done a trade for it. The guys trusted so I’m sure it will turn out fine.

Thought this looked like the one I posted, different wire though.

A few with the twisted wire

This dagger was purchased from j r meda some years back.

Looks to be the same cross guard

Another Alcoso
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first dagger  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast