Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help, german luftwaffe dress dagger real or fake

Article about: Hi guys a family friend brought this to me today I was wondering if you can help me identify it and maybe put a value on it thanks. 100_6750.jpg100_6751.jpg100_6754.jpg

Question Need help, german luftwaffe dress dagger real or fake

Hi guys a family friend brought this to me today I was wondering if you can help me identify it and maybe put a value on it thanks.

Need help, german luftwaffe dress dagger real or fakeNeed help, german luftwaffe dress dagger real or fakeNeed help, german luftwaffe dress dagger real or fake100_6750.jpg100_6751.jpg100_6754.jpgNeed help, german luftwaffe dress dagger real or fakeNeed help, german luftwaffe dress dagger real or fakeNeed help, german luftwaffe dress dagger real or fakeNeed help, german luftwaffe dress dagger real or fake
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help, german luftwaffe dress dagger real or fake   Need help, german luftwaffe dress dagger real or fake  

Need help, german luftwaffe dress dagger real or fake   Need help, german luftwaffe dress dagger real or fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help, german luftwaffe dress dagger real or fake
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need help, german luftwaffe dress dagger real or fake

It looks ok to my untrained eye except for the broken handle which will affect the value. I've moved it to the daggers forum where the guys will be able to help out more.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Looks good to me.

Hi Shaunman,, This is a second pattern Luftwaffe officers dagger, made by SMF. This is a typical crossguard pattern for this maker. The whole dagger looks good to me also. The Pommel swastika on these SMF daggers ,,no matter what condition they are in,, will retain all ,if not some of its gold gilting. This one has none! It is very rare to see this but the details of the wreath and other attributes, points to SMF and Eickhorn. Hard to say as their details closely are related. None the less....This dagger is good IMO but the grip is banged up which the near pumpkin color is highly desirable with Luft collectors. Check out this link Lakesidetrader .......scroll down a bit once you open that link.
    Check out his pricing you will have a better idea of its worth. The condition its in right now is very good but the damaged grip will take away from the worth. Im gonna guess around $300-400 in its present condition,, but value is determined by desirability of the buyer. Best regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The grip is indeed a pity, luckily the grip is damaged on the backside.
    It would still make a nice display.
    Otherwise its as stated above, standard issued second pattern LW dagger.
    I like the Waffenamt mark on the blade ( right above the SMF logo)

If you have the luck to come accross a good grip it can be easily replaced, althought it would be a parts dagger then.
    In that case it would be fair to keep the original grip and tell it like it is when you sell this one in the future.
    For now enjoy this one!

Cheers,
    Ger

?

Having to put a value on it would not be so easy, like Larry stated it depends on how badly you want it.
    If it would be this dagger with the grip still undamaged i would buy it for 400-425 euro's
    In its present condition 250 euro's max, a good grip will set you back about 75 euro's and it still would be a parts dagger.

Cheers,
    Ger