Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion Needed on a 2nd Model Holler Dagger, Hangar and Portepee

Article about: I’m thinking of buying this 2nd Model Holler dagger, I tried to look up as much info online and it seems to be alright, but I’m not sure if the same could be said for the Hanger and the

Default Opinion Needed on a 2nd Model Holler Dagger, Hangar and Portepee

I’m thinking of buying this 2nd Model Holler dagger, I tried to look up as much info online and it seems to be alright, but I’m not sure if the same could be said for the Hanger and the Portepee.

I found the hangar a bit strange, according to the photos I’ve seen online, at where the strap goes over belt clip, it’s usually reinforced by a piece of leather, but here it’s by a piece of engraved sheet metal, so I suspect if it’s a repro.Opinion Needed on a 2nd Model Holler Dagger, Hangar and Portepee

Experts please authenticate the dagger, hanger and porpetee, many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion Needed on a 2nd Model Holler Dagger, Hangar and Portepee   Opinion Needed on a 2nd Model Holler Dagger, Hangar and Portepee  

Opinion Needed on a 2nd Model Holler Dagger, Hangar and Portepee   Opinion Needed on a 2nd Model Holler Dagger, Hangar and Portepee  

Opinion Needed on a 2nd Model Holler Dagger, Hangar and Portepee   Opinion Needed on a 2nd Model Holler Dagger, Hangar and Portepee  

Last edited by Delusional Bayonet; 05-27-2024 at 07:10 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion Needed on a 2nd Model Holler Dagger, Hangar and Portepee
    P
    Many

After digging deeper I finally found hangars with metal clips, but I still don’t know if that is original. As a beginner in the dagger collections, I would appreciate it very much if fellow experts can give some opinions on this dagger, cheers.

?

Well what you have here is a textbook Höller with a hard to find Deluxe Hanger, which in all parts is original
    With the floral Metal clips on top was a more expensive option then the leather enforcements.
    Portepee is original too.
    rare on these 2nd type lufts is the personalisation, whichs adds to its value a bit.

Just compare yours with a late one i sold a few weeks ago.

Cheers,
    Ger

Thanks for the detailed explanation Gerrit, your dagger is so gorgeous with that guilt still on!

Can I ask you a few more questions?
    Which type of generic pommel, crossguard and scabbard are on mine? And based on these info, which time period might the dagger be manufactured?

Cheers!

?

Well if you compare youcan see that they match the one that i posted
    Its up to you to see if and by which maker these hardware used......learning is part of the process
    These are not the earliest ones looking at the materials used so my best guess 1938 and upwards.

Cheers
    Ger

Thanks Gerrit