MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Paul Weyersberg & Co Fallschirmjager Gravity Knife

Article about: Hello all, I have an opportunity to pick up this gravity knife. It looks ok to me but the very small proof mark on the spike end is TINY and is throwing me for a loop. Any ideas why this mar

?

Default Paul Weyersberg & Co Fallschirmjager Gravity Knife

Hello all,

I have an opportunity to pick up this gravity knife. It looks ok to me but the very small proof mark on the spike end is TINY and is throwing me for a loop. Any ideas why this mark is so small?

Thanks,

Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paul Weyersberg & Co Fallschirmjager Gravity Knife   Paul Weyersberg & Co Fallschirmjager Gravity Knife  

Paul Weyersberg & Co Fallschirmjager Gravity Knife   Paul Weyersberg & Co Fallschirmjager Gravity Knife  

Paul Weyersberg & Co Fallschirmjager Gravity Knife   Paul Weyersberg & Co Fallschirmjager Gravity Knife  

Paul Weyersberg & Co Fallschirmjager Gravity Knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paul Weyersberg & Co Fallschirmjager Gravity Knife
    P
    Many

?

The blade, to me, looks to be sharpened.

Paul Weyersberg & Co Fallschirmjager Gravity Knife Hello Doug don't know if this helps but here is a macro shot of the stick bird on the marlin spike of my weyersberg gravity kinife. Looks similar to the one on the knife you are interested in. I too feel the knife is OK but as you mentioned been somewhat heavily sharpened but the blade logo is clearly visible. If the price was good i wouldn't let it bother me. But please wait for others response before making up your mind. In any event happy new year and good luck

?

IMO...From my experience the Weyersberg model had a smaller stamp versus the SMF model in which I have. I see no issues with it. These were not dress pieces so much like a Hitler Youth knife they were a field used piece. As mentioned these are usually sharpened and scuffed up a bit. I would ask if the spring mechanism on release works in it. Most of the time it doesn't and hard to find them with a spring functioning. Your call on that but hope this helps. Happy New Year!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Appreciate the help guys! The knife looked good to me but always have to get a second opinion! The lady wants $325, what do you guys think?

?

IMO how bad do you want one and if condition is not key I would say $275 to $325 sounds fair if spring works which allows clip to lock and release blade. I know dealers have them for $700 to $1000 depending on condition. Really your call.

Doug my thoughts were exactly the same as Mr Rossi $275 would be great if the locking mechanism is functional. It also appears to have a chip out of the wood grip in the first photo? Again it wouldn't personally bother me but may also affect the value. Otherwise best of luck with the acquisition! Best regards.

Brian

MAP
    ?

That's a great buy IMHO. Mine is a takedown version in a worse condition and it was more than that. Also as Rossi notes, these were often heavily used and often sharpened.

And, if the spring is not broken, don't be tempted and go playing with it. They tend to break..

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Guys, thank you for all your input. I have been wanting one of these but i always double check when I can, as I have made multiple mistakes based on impulse.

?

You da man! I get that feeling and it is always good to have others weigh in. See what a few others think if you wish but you will make the right choice bro! Cheers!

Quote by dramos View Post
    Guys, thank you for all your input. I have been wanting one of these but i always double check when I can, as I have made multiple mistakes based on impulse.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast