Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

presentation luftwaffe 1st model dagger

Article about: Gentleman I have been offered a beautiful 1st model luftwaffe presentation dagger with a etched motto and the pilots name/rank on the blade. Is there somewhere I can look up his name to be s

Default presentation luftwaffe 1st model dagger

Gentleman
    I have been offered a beautiful 1st model luftwaffe presentation dagger with a etched motto and the pilots name/rank on the blade. Is there somewhere I can look up his name to be sure he was really in the luftwaffe or any other information on luft. pilots?
    Any suggestions will be appreciated. Will post pictures at a later date.
    thanks again
    Michael

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement presentation luftwaffe 1st model dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: presentation luftwaffe 1st model dagger

Hi Michael, sorry I don't know of any online reference for things like this.

Be very wary of bogus etching on blades like this. Fakes similar to what you describe have been around over 40 years now.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Adrian
    I did find a site listing Luftwaffe pilots, ranks, awards, stations and operations. This site is loaded with information.
    Check it out: aircrewremembrancesociety.com/Kracker/LuftwaffeGermanPilotsF.html
    Michael

I may have a cap and first model dagger from one of my Father's friends ( Heinz Schroeder ME110 Night Fighter) , I "bought" them from him 30 years ago on the condition he could retain them until he passed, which unfortunately he recently has. I have yet to raise this with his son , who was a serving member in the Australian army, but have indicated shood he choose he can keep them, if not , from memory in addition Heinz had three clasps, an EK1, abzeichen and all his documents.

good site Michael very interesting try and post pics of the dagger

tom