6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real

0 0%
  • Fake

4 66.67%
  • I don't know

2 33.33%

REAL of FAKE? 1st model luftwaffe dagger

Article about: Hey guys, Here are some pictures, what are your toughts, real or fake?

Default REAL of FAKE? 1st model luftwaffe dagger

Hey guys,

Here are some pictures, what are your toughts, real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement REAL of FAKE? 1st model luftwaffe dagger
    P
    Many

I hate these Polls..but will play along

Poor photos says fake..what are your thoughts and research on this Kevin and what is your vote?
    Those who will partake in this poll have to give a reason why its real or fake and not just push a button above.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I was also watching this exact dagger on eBay, which just sold for $555. I haven't voted on whether it's real or fake but here are my thoughts...

I don't like how fresh most of the parts look. When I first saw this, I immediately grew suspicious, and the seller's lazy description of "any questions please ask" did not lower my suspicions by any means.

I especially do not like the leather on the scabbard; it looks like it was reskinned, if the scabbard is original, I really don't know, but it looking so new is not a good look. I see evidence of cleaning/polishing on the fittings though, and with the pommel and crossguard looking too clean too, if real, were these parts just polished of their natural patina? This would kill the value in my book, even if they are real... it's just very questionable.

I also do not see a ferrule and it looks like there wouldn't even be enough room for one on the grip. There are just too many weird things going on for me but I'm not an expert.

MAP
    ?

Quote by sweersz View Post
    I was also watching this exact dagger on eBay, which just sold for $555. I haven't voted on whether it's real or fake but here are my thoughts...

I don't like how fresh most of the parts look. When I first saw this, I immediately grew suspicious, and the seller's lazy description of "any questions please ask" did not lower my suspicions by any means.

I especially do not like the leather on the scabbard; it looks like it was reskinned, if the scabbard is original, I really don't know, but it looking so new is not a good look. I see evidence of cleaning/polishing on the fittings though, and with the pommel and crossguard looking too clean too, if real, were these parts just polished of their natural patina? This would kill the value in my book, even if they are real... it's just very questionable.

I also do not see a ferrule and it looks like there wouldn't even be enough room for one on the grip. There are just too many weird things going on for me but I'm not an expert.
    My exact thoughts
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Any Bull would be triggered with so many red flags.
    The poor bastard that paid those 555 usw most be crying out loud when he holds this crap piece in his hands.

Ger

Quote by sweersz View Post

Same toughts here, that's why I didn't make any offer.