Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or fake Luftwaffe dagger

Article about: I’m new to collecting and I bought this dagger at an antique mall. I did a bit of research on makers marks and how to tell fakes. I bought this dagger because I had heard of Carl Eickhorn

?

Default Real or fake Luftwaffe dagger

I’m new to collecting and I bought this dagger at an antique mall. I did a bit of research on makers marks and how to tell fakes. I bought this dagger because I had heard of Carl Eickhorn as a dagger maker. At the time I didn’t realize how rare dagger etching was. I’m not too sure what to make of this dagger. It looks like someone replaced the original wire on the handle and replaced it. Any help I’d appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake Luftwaffe dagger   Real or fake Luftwaffe dagger  

Real or fake Luftwaffe dagger   Real or fake Luftwaffe dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake Luftwaffe dagger
    P
    Many

Well it is piece of junk, sorry for that. This Russian writing also don't mean anything and why on the earth there would be even Russian writing on plade in first place?

This forums search engine is down for now so can't use it for search another examples, so I copy here link for Ron K:s Eickhorn luftwaffe dagger where you see how it post to look like

2nd Model Luftwaffe Eickhorn

?

Quote by finngaill View Post
    well it is piece of junk, sorry for that. This russian writing also don't mean anything and why on the earth there would be even russian writing on plade in first place?

This forums search engine is down for now so can't use it for search another examples, so i copy here link for ron k:s eickhorn luftwaffe dagger where you see how it post to look like

2nd Model Luftwaffe Eickhorn
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thank you. I’ll just be more careful in the future. Live and learn I guess.

?

Quote by GrantG View Post
    Thank you. I’ll just be more careful in the future. Live and learn I guess.
    If you are new to collecting I would suggest to post any item here BEFORE purchase, keep studying, ask questions and observe.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

I will definitely make sure to post items here in the future before I buy them. I didn’t know that this existed until a few days ago. This seems like an amazing place for information.

The blade is not a Luftwaffe dagger blade. So you have a bunch of parts.

Don't feel too bad -- we've all been burnt before. Believe it or not, it's not totally worthless as Luftwaffe reproduction parts go for some money.

Grant,

Others may agree or disagree with what I'm going to suggest..

There is enough information on the blades and other parts of the daggers so that there is no need to take them apart to get an accurate assessment of authenticity. There are risks when taking them and stripping them down as it is now.. Notice the chips in the Bakelite handle (which I am sure was caused prior to you) but at any rate potential irreversible damage could be done to the delicate parts and over screwing and tightening of the nut could crack the Bakelite even more.

Even more damage can be done to wood handles of SA and SS daggers if the nut is screwed on too tight. The wood needs to breath and expand and shrink and if the nut is too tight on those daggers the wood handle could crack the wood if not properly taken care of. If it absolutely needs to be disassembled then upon reassembly the nut should only be finger tight and not super tight..

Other's may also comment on this, as this is only my preference not to tamper with my daggers..

Sorry to report that this is not authentic, Hopefully you can get our money back, and as mentioned ALWAYS vet things you are looking at purchasing here before buying.. It will save you a lot of money...

Best regards

Smitty

?

We all learn from our mistakes
    Hope it didn’t cost you a lot.

Ron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast