Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Short Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet

Article about: bichon: You are correct about the German and the pharsi 'zur Erinnerung...' is used on most dedication etches (see book), but this pattern by Holler, used on WKC marked bayonets only uses 'E

Hello, I hope you can give me some news about what I will attach.By chance I noticed that the eagle's beak is like the one in the photographs.
    I look forward to your dispassionate opinion, thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Short Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet   Short Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet  

Short Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet   Short Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Short Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Frederich View Post
    Hello, I hope you can give me some news about what I will attach.By chance I noticed that the eagle's beak is like the one in the photographs.
    I look forward to your dispassionate opinion, thank you.
    I most say that i am not fond of this etch, poorly executed, rough backpanel and no oakleafs beneath the eagle.
    IMO a post war etch.

Regards
    Ger

Hello, I hope you can give me some news about what I will attach.By chance I noticed that the eagle's beak is like the one in the photographs.I look forward to your dispassionate opinion, thank you.Short Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet

Hi there are other examples of acid etching on a dark base and no leaf under the eagle.They told me that they have never seen an eagle's beak like that, and yet if you look for Legion Condor you will find others.Thank you

What do you think of what I am attaching, thank youHelp me with as much data as possible, thank you.Short Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet

?

Its not only the etch that im having trouble with, also the scabbard is not an Eickhorn product, the big scabbardfitting screws, instead of the normal flush screws.
    To me this dagger is a total parts dagger with a copy scabbard, or at least with renewed leather and therefore the strange dome head screws?
    Sorry to say but its not one for my collection, and im affraid that more pics will not chance the way i think about your Eickhorn.

Ger

Good morning,what do you think about it ?Thank youShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet

Hello all the comments you are making me, are and are not contestable to what I could also find in the sites of specialized dealers, etching, screws, leather.Of course I respect your opinions, but I do not want to stop here.I am a new member and I certainly can not put myself at the level of many people and so I would like to ask you if you can help me in the search for more data possible also of his descendants:Generalmajor Alfred Gutknect.Thank you

?

Frederich i do not know which sites you visisted or did your research, but i suggest you visit Tom Wittmanns sites, he has plenty of lufts type 1 listed.
    I can assure you you will not find a scabbard with fitting screws like yours, they Always have the inside flush screws.
    Then closely look at the leather just below the top scabbard fitting, you can see its been pushed down by the fitting.
    The leather also is not the correct type.
    Then look at the inserted swastika of the crossguard on the logo side, its completely off centered, the ferrule is off centered.
    All has a terrible fit.
    To me your dagger has so many red flags that i would for sure not feel comfortable with it.
    Take it for what its worth, if you are happy with it, well...then enjoy it!

Regards
    Ger

I have seen these "modified" partsdagger lufts sold in Germany by "Sammlerarsenal", and he is one you do not want to buy from.

Short Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet

I would agree with Gerrit, there are a lot of problems with this dagger. Firstly the etching is a known favorite of fakers beginning in the 1960's to increase the value of Luft daggers for sale purposes. There is some doubt it was even used during the Third Reich and those that seem to have provenance always had laurel leaf sprigs on either side of the eagle. The next problem is it is not an Eickhorn etching. Eickhorn was one of the larger makers that designed it's own etchings and this design is not included in any catalogues I've seen. Eickhorn as far as I'm aware did not use etchings made by other companies. And that eagle is ugly and I would expect a frosted background from Eickhorn.
    The scabbard as Ger points out does not match the dagger. The patina alone of the hilt and pommel is vastly different to the high polish of the scabbard. It may be a reproduction, it may be restored, with replaced leather (that's not blue moroccan), replaced screws and polished metal parts.
    That would be enough doubt for me to give this a wide pass. And as for the display case, that is not an Eickhorn display case either, which always had a Eickhorn trademark on the inside. In summary plenty of evidence of post war meddling, suspect etching, scabbard and case. Really not a lot going for it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast