Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SMF 2nd model luftwaffe dagger opinion

Article about: Hello I am purchasing my first dagger for my collection. I have the opportunity to buy this dagger. I know the scabbard is worse, but I just really liked the dagger. Please give me an opinio

?

Default SMF 2nd model luftwaffe dagger opinion

Hello I am purchasing my first dagger for my collection. I have the opportunity to buy this dagger. I know the scabbard is worse, but I just really liked the dagger. Please give me an opinion on the originality? What bothers me is the manufacturer's logo and that the blade is almost new. Is it possible that the blade has been preserved so well? Thanks for your help and your opinions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SMF 2nd model luftwaffe dagger opinion
    P
    Many

Looks a good SMF to me ,nice gilding on both sides of the
    pommel . Blades got the inspection stick bird stamp As you say ,shame about the scabard. Regards Paul.

?

Thank you

Hello Corter ..the blade has been preserved so well if left alone in a humid free environment. The scabbard is what is protecting to the condition of the blade.
    This is very common with most Edged Weapons from this time period.

Paul Pointed out some important positive key points regarding SMF types ....all good...and the scabbard has seen its better days...the hanger looks like a dog chewed it

No need to hide the swastikas on the dagger unless these photos are from the seller.
    Nice find

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill