Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sword Luftwaffe - need help please

Article about: Please give your opinion on this Luftwaffe sword. Is this really an original Hörster from the period TR? Sorry for the something stupid question, but I'm beginner collector and I'm still le

?

Default Sword Luftwaffe - need help please

Please give your opinion on this Luftwaffe sword. Is this really an original Hörster from the period TR? Sorry for the something stupid question, but I'm beginner collector and I'm still learning... ;-)
    Thank you very much for your opinions.
    Laco2Sword Luftwaffe - need help pleaseSword Luftwaffe - need help pleaseSword Luftwaffe - need help pleaseSword Luftwaffe - need help pleaseSword Luftwaffe - need help pleaseSword Luftwaffe - need help pleaseSword Luftwaffe - need help pleaseSword Luftwaffe - need help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sword Luftwaffe - need help please
    P
    Many

From what I can see it looks to me like a very nice example of a more or less mid-period Luftwaffe sword. Best Regards, Fred

?

One more question please, is it common for the word Horster not to have "ö" but "o"?
    Thanks

?

Nice aluminum Luft. Here is my earlier model with the Umlaut "ö"versus the "o". Here is my blade's motto logo as well.

Luftwaffe Sword

Here is your blade compared to a blade motto on top to one that LakeSide Trader shows for comparison. It is a good question you ask about the Umlaut in your motto. Not sure if a motto version change occurred with Horster or not.

Link to more photos of the Lakeside Trader Sword: Luftwaffe Sword by E.&F. Horster | Lakesidetrader

Here is one for sale here as well that has no Umlaut like yours and is an Aluminum Horster for comparison: https://www.jbmilitaryantiques.com.a...ngen-engraved/

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Keep in mint that these swords have been copied a lot and these a very well made ones, lots of them are made partly with original parts.
    In the German language the ö equals oe
    So without the " Umlaut " its not the same name.
    On the last pic with the Horster logo you can also see the Waffenamt Stickbird, that is always stamped never etched.
    To me that stickbird looks etched, in that case i would not want it in my collection.
    Mistakes in company names in an etch sjablone..... well that is so NOT German.

Ger

I believe this one may be the one being auctioned by Ratisbons
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Yes, it's a sword that auctions Ratisbons

?

Gerrit, thank you for your response. So you think the sword is wrong?

It's an interesting question about the maker mark minus the umlaut. Horster (sorry) could certainly make it's mark in either a struck mark or etched with the umlaut. But there could be conditions where it doesn't show such as an uneven strike or template error for an etched version. But in general the company name was mostly seen with umlaut intact. Here's my contribution in examples;

Sword Luftwaffe - need help pleaseSword Luftwaffe - need help pleaseSword Luftwaffe - need help please

?

Peter even the bad visible ones you show here do have parts of the umlaut!
    The sword in this post shows an etch that for sure has no Umlaut at all above the O, that is (to me) a huge red flag.

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast