Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Was told this was Luftwaffe

Article about: This is similar to some Luftwaffe daggers, but enough discrepancies to make me doubt it. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Default Was told this was Luftwaffe

This is similar to some Luftwaffe daggers, but enough discrepancies to make me doubt it. I'm not sure what to make of it.
    Was told this was LuftwaffeWas told this was LuftwaffeWas told this was Luftwaffe

- - ------- - -

Apologies on the last pic- had a hell of a time trying to get a clear shot of the maker's mark.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Was told this was Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

This is the maker's markWas told this was Luftwaffe

I believe this is a fake DLV dagger.sorry

Agree with harry i'm afraid, Most noticebly the lack of an enamel swastika is a sure giveaway, DLV by the way, Deutscher Luftsportverband (German airsport association i believe) ,cheers Paul

Thank you both! I looked up the maker's mark and figured it out it was supposed to be a DLV- but no way for me to know if it was real or not.

Type DLV dagger into the advanced search box top right to look at others to compare to and you'll see the differances,cheers Paul

As said above-a relatively poor copy fake.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks everyone! I was concerned about buying these simply because I couldn't find a match anywhere on line but I trusted my friend- looks like I'll be asking for my money back
    I said in another thread the person I got these from is trustworthy but he doesn't know militaria, I tried to explain to him you don't become an expert in this sort of thing overnight, but he didn't want to listen. I've been collecting for 25 years and I don't know half the stuff you all do.