Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Voos Etched Blade 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Article about: So, this is my early Christmas gift to myself. A Voos etched blade dagger with a near perfect ivory grip. This is the mate to my Voos Heer dagger. I am thrilled to have both now. This etchin

Default Voos Etched Blade 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

So, this is my early Christmas gift to myself. A Voos etched blade dagger with a near perfect ivory grip. This is the mate to my Voos Heer dagger. I am thrilled to have both now.

This etching pattern is often faked. The etching on many fakes is good, but they usually have a drooped tail eagle with a "Gonzo" beak. The oak leaves under the wings are frequently missing as well.

Wolfgang

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Voos Etched Blade 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger
    P
    Many

?

a thing of beauty Wolfgang , and fabulous to see ! May i ask how you display/store your daggers ?
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by Alan M View Post
    a thing of beauty Wolfgang , and fabulous to see ! May i ask how you display/store your daggers ?
    Thank you Alan. Right now my daggers are stored in soft padded cases and a large cabinet with shallow drawers. I did however finally get a room for my collection, so I will be working on display cases in the coming year.

Wolfgang

?

That's a beauty Wolfgang! Your collection of german edged weapons is outstanding and this one is no exception A dagger that most of us can only dream of ever having it in their collection (including me ). Thanks for showing this great piece.

Danny

v/nice.

Outstanding Clarity Wolfgang..which upstages the junk we see so frequently. The etch really stands out!. I am also amazed at the grip itself..being perfect. Rare to see Ivory that white!. After so many years it tends to get dingy..and the minute cracks more prominent.

One question...is this from a time capsule or time machine? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

This one makes all my daggers look like junk LOL

It is, indeed, a pleasure to see a Superb Luftwaffe! The Ivory looks flawless and white and the etching is perfect! I'm particularly impressed by the overlooked Hangers as well! A Mint and Rare set by any standards! I can well understand why you could not resist! You will not see such a set again anytime soon! If a person could have just One Luftwaffe in their collection, This would be the one to choose! Great self Christmas present!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you for your kind comments guys. Many great photos of of beautiful daggers have been posted by members gerrit, dr73, PeterCollector and others in the last while. It is always a pleasure to look at well photographed daggers, no matter what they are. Seeing others going trough the considerable effort to create great photographs makes it easier to spend the time to do likewise.
    We should always remember though that it is not the cost of the pieces in a collection that matters, often examples of common daggers can be more attractive than rare and difficult to find pieces. Many truly great collections have been put together with common daggers.

Wolfgang
    Last edited by wolfeknives; 12-24-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Hi Wolfgang, your Luftwaffe dagger is impressive - perfect condition, perfect photos. I only dream about daggers which you have in your collection. We do not see this double etched examples by Emil Woos very often and this one is real treasure. Thanks for showing your daggers and knowledge with us, I like your threads with daggers, because you always show something wonderful

Regards Peter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast