Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Worth buying?

Article about: Hello Everyone I would welcome your opinions on the dagger in the photos please. All comments would be very welcome. Thanks John

Default Worth buying?

Hello Everyone
    I would welcome your opinions on the dagger in the photos please.
    All comments would be very welcome.
    Thanks
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Worth buying?   Worth buying?  

Worth buying?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Worth buying?
    P
    Many

looks ok.

Second Pattern Luftwaffe...I see nothing wrong with it....
    cheers, Glenn

Can't tell you if it's worth buying unless we know what the guy is asking for it. As for the dagger itself, it looks okey.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks harrylamb2, bigmacglenn1966 and Wagriff for your comments. As to the asking price I did some work for the seller and his bill is about £400. He knew I was starting to collect Third Reich daggers and suggested I take the dagger in payment. He says the maker, Luneschloss, is a rare maker of Luftwaffe daggers?
    Cheers
    John

Nice 2nd pattern Luft by a fairly rare maker Given condition of the blade I would imagine that £400 was a little on the high side (kind of dealer price) but as you've done a bit of work for the vendor then its horses for courses if you feel happy with the deal regards,Paul

Thanks Paul for your comment. It's good to know the maker is rare at least the seller is correct about that!
    Cheers
    John

In this condition, without the portepee and without the hangers, I would say that £400. is a little steep.
    JMHO,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi John,

Always buy the best conditioned dagger you can find within your price range ,

A rare maker is great to find if you collect by maker marks, if you really want this one i would try at £350 max, you might find a common maker in top nick for £300 - £350, keep an eye on WAF E-stand & GermanDaggers.com for a nice deal that might crop up.

Regards Mac 66

Thanks again to everyone who responded to my question. Much appreciated.
    Cheers
    John