Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 german dlv dagger out of wood work

Article about: Hi guy's . I just picked up this cool early DLV dagger. It's never been cleaned , has heavy patina . The blade is ok , looks like someone may have cleaned the blade at sometime. Its a Paul W

?

Default Ww2 german dlv dagger out of wood work

Hi guy's . I just picked up this cool early DLV dagger. It's never been cleaned , has heavy patina . The blade is ok , looks like someone may have cleaned the blade at sometime. Its a Paul Wyersburg . I have some questions about the markings I have found on this one. I have several other DLV's and none have these markings. First let's start with the belt loop that is on it. It has a name and date stamped into leather but its hard to read , from what I can tell it say's , UST Darmstad 1935 . At least i think that's what I think it says. Anyone know what that means ? and next on the lower crossguard guillions , instead of a K it has what looks like one large slash mark with several smaller slashes almost like a eyelid looking mark. Next on the scabbard throat instead of a the standard DLV flying man it has what looks like part of a waffen ampt mark that starts with Waa. and lines above it.Ww2 german dlv dagger out of wood work Any help identifying any of these marks would be great.Ww2 german dlv dagger out of wood workWw2 german dlv dagger out of wood workWw2 german dlv dagger out of wood workWw2 german dlv dagger out of wood workWw2 german dlv dagger out of wood workWw2 german dlv dagger out of wood work

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 german dlv dagger out of wood work
    P
    Many

?

Hello, IMO it's not UST., but ÜST.=Übertragungsstelle?
    Regards,
    Peeloo
    Last edited by Peeloo; 03-31-2024 at 11:48 AM.

?

That guard mark is a Waffenamt mark, its means that it has been proofmarked and its an officialy bought piece by the DLV.
    Lovely dagger!

Ger