Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 German Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern Dress Dagger & Scabbard F W Holler - Parts Or Repro?

Article about: A friend has recently tasked me with identifying several daggers discovered in his late mother's estate and this 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger was one of the pieces in question. I do not coll

Thank you Larry for chiming in, and confirming my suspicions. I am also here to learn, especially when it comes to dress daggers as I have avoided them for years. The proliferation of reproductions, especially older examples, in that field make it all too easy to make a bad investment. It's a lot easier to spot a fake S84/98 III!

The fit, finish and overall quality of the scabbard was troubling to me from the start. The crossguard and pommel also worried me too. Would you be willing to say the only original parts on this dagger would be the blade and grip? Any thoughts on the portepee?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern Dress Dagger & Scabbard F W Holler - Parts Or Repro?
    P
    Many

?

here are my 2 cents

Luftwaffe dagger is original, so is its Portepee (although the silver thread is missing on the slider)
    The scabbard that comes with it is a repro.
    The army dagger is a complete fake, the scabbard looks to be an original Eickhorn product, looking at the scabbardbands and the back side throat screw.
    Please make a few good detailed pics of the scabbard bands.

Best
    Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2