Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1900 Comm.DWM Luger

Article about: This is a picture of my oldest Luger a model 1900 which was per serial # probably produced in 1901-1902. Lugers went into Comm. production in 1900 with this model and obviously predates any

?

Default 1900 Comm.DWM Luger

This is a picture of my oldest Luger a model 1900 which was per serial # probably produced in 1901-1902. Lugers went into Comm. production in 1900 with this model and obviously predates any military contracts. The serial # are low 3000 thus the first on the block. This old girl is 112 yrs old and in very good shape. These also predate the introduction of the 9mm cal. Most say these were the most beautiful Luger's as to shape. The inital blowback portion on dischge was also different as was frame etc. This pistol is all matching from a to z.

Docf1900 Comm.DWM Luger1900 Comm.DWM Luger1900 Comm.DWM Luger

?

Give you a fiver for it

A very nice piece, has it been reblued, or is that how they look? Seems to be a very dark finish.
    Hope to get a commercial DWM someday to go alongside my commercial Model 22 DWM.

Can you give us a close up of the toggle, seems to be at an angle
    Ben

Very nice and thanks for showing. Nice having an early piece with the grip safety on back of pistol. I assume it was produced by DWM and my book lists your model with 4 3/4 barrel with 5,500 being produced. Am sure you know it is quite valuable but my book is a few years old so I am sure it has gone up in value. Thanks for showing again and it is a Luger you can be proud to own.

?

These are pictures I took approx. 1 yr ago. Will check if I have any better toggle pictures. It should mag. x2 I believe. Toggles were a bit different in the first lugers. As mentioned this was the first batch of the first batch with serial 3186. Prod. becan in 1900 and per # prod. produced 1901-1902. Must go out for a bit as the wife wants to go to the store.

?

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Give you a fiver for it

A very nice piece, has it been reblued, or is that how they look? Seems to be a very dark finish.
    Hope to get a commercial DWM someday to go alongside my commercial Model 22 DWM.
    No Nitram it has never been reblued. The dark color is more than likely my POOR photography as when placed next to my other Lugers I can't see any color chge. Early ones however were blued by a different process. Blueing process chged multi times per life span of Luger production.

?

Ben I hope these are good enough for your question.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1900 Comm.DWM Luger   1900 Comm.DWM Luger  

Very Nice Original Luger. What SR# range is it in???
    Thanks,
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

The diehard Luger guys are big on the early Lugers. They are the coolest looking ones,IMO.....with the dished rear toggle,grip saftey, breech block,checkered saftey lever with the correct missing blue under it and gorgeous rust bluing process. The workmanship is outstanding.

What are the other marks under the barrel,besides the BUG proofs and serial number?
    Last edited by command450; 11-05-2013 at 09:01 PM. Reason: update

Quote by docf View Post
    Ben I hope these are good enough for your question.
    They are cracking pics thanks, I love these dished out toggles, this is the first pics I have seen of them, I like a lot Maybe I should save my pennies and buy a Swiss luger !!
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast